Xbox with XBMC vs. dedicated CD/DVD/XviD/DivX-players?
Thumbs Up 
I have an Xbox with latest XBMC connected to a 720p projector (Panasonic PT-AE700U) via component cables and the picture is simply amazing when upscaling standard DVD-Video (NTSC and PAL movies). Please read this whole topic thread about other people experinces, but to sum up, you will have to spend a lot of money to get an upscaling DVD-player that can compare to the visual quality of the Xbox output that XBMC produce. Add that to the fact that XBMC is the only player that can parse ISO/IMG DVD-images and RAR/ZIP archives and a much nicer interface (plus you can play Xbox games and use arcade/console emulators), you got a product that has the best value for money you can get.

Just buy one, you won't regret it! Wink

PS! It is recomended to use 720p output from the Xbox instead of 1080i, this is because the Xbox doesn't have enough memory to run everything in 1080i, please read the online-manual and FAQ for more information.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
After I got a 1366x768 plasma (852x480 before), I stopped using my Pioneer DVD player which is known for good quality (much better component cable than the Xbox cable I got). The excellent scaler in my screen just does not match the High Quality Pixel Shader in XBMC - not even close. The quality is indeed stunning for DVD playback. This is just one of XBMC's features. There are so many reasons why it is the best availble media center on any platform (if you disregard the lack of tuner/PVR support).

I got 3 Xbox'es in different rooms. It's simply a MUST-HAVE extension of your TV. Almost anyone I show XBMC to, want's an Xbox too Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox with XBMC vs. dedicated CD/DVD/XviD/DivX-players?0