XBMC 2.0.0 (Final) Point-Release!
DeeDub Wrote:Thanks guys for your continuing excellence in working on XBMC, my home just wouldn't be the same without it!

There's something I would like to bring up, but didn't know where to post, as it isn't what I would call a bug as such. I've noticed with this release performance has suffered when it comes to higher resolution XviD files. I have a collection of HR.HDTV (960x528) and 720p (1280x720) files that have always played back perfectly in XBMC (running in 720p, HQ Pixel Shader), but only since installing this release there are now noticable frame drops here and there.

Please forward this to the relevant forum/thread if need be!

HRHD - very doubtful
720P - very plausible, especially if the previous build was much older. We opted for better quality and thus we lost some speed, which is only noticeable with video we had issues playing even before.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I can provide a small sample of a problematic scene I came across last night from a HRHD file if needed. Will post when I get home.
johfiner Wrote:wasn't linksboks supposed to be included?
No, we always said we wait to implement it until after 2.0.0 (and no we have said after 2.0.1 if we release a such 'bug-fix release' in a couple of weeks). If you would have searched and read the existing topic-thread about LinksBoks you would have known this without asking.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Exclamation 
DeeDub Wrote:I can provide a small sample of a problematic scene I came across last night from a HRHD file if needed. Will post when I get home.
@all and everyone, I don't meant to be rude but please, do not post support/help requests or bug-reports in this specific topic-thread, (in fact do not ask for help/support in this "XBMC General Discussion and Announcements" forum at all). Instead please do what you always should do; first read the FAQ and online-manual, search all the forums, and then post in the "XBMC Support (Help)" or "Bug Discussion" forum, (or the "Feature Suggestions" or "Python Scripts Support and Requests" forum if the feature/function is not listed in the "XBMC Features and Supported Formats/Codecs" list).

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations XBMC team, this is great Smile

But one thing I will complain about is this new "Region - Canada/UK/USA" that I didn't have in my CVS build (apologies if this is quite old now, in the wrong section, or whatever).

I don't live in any of those countries. Only through experimentation did I work out that it sets it to Celsius/MMDD/12H, Celsius/DDMM/24H and Fahrenheit/MMDD/12H respectively. How is the user supposed to know that? What if I want Celsius, DDMM, and 12H, the way I used to have it?

What was wrong with separate DD/MM ordering and 12/24H options in settings? What was wrong with asking "Scale: Celsius/Fahrenehit" in the weather menu? Why are they now redirected to a completely different settings page to choose their "Region" out of 3 they may know nothing about?
Just needed somewhere to say that XBMC is absolutely effing awesome. Thanks to everybody that's worked on bringing this incredible piece of software to us. And for free, too. Use it pretty much everyday, it's become the hub of my home entertainment network. It'll be years before a "real" company gets its sh*t together to put out anything that comes even close to an Xbox + XBMC.
thank you for all your hardwork! I love it, with one more feature that I know will never be made *crys*, I wouldnt need my computer speakers Big Grin

Thank you for all your hardwork, I love it, its just so amazing! Your better than M$'s team of dev's working on MCE.
Just want to add my voice to everyone saying thanks. Have only just seen 2.0.0 is available, so will definitely give it a go.

Earlier versions that I've tried are spot on. My xbox was hardly used before discovering this, now it's hardly ever off!

Many thanks to everyone involved Big Grin
caekeater Wrote:one thing I will complain about is this new "Region - Canada/UK/USA" that I didn't have in my CVS build (apologies if this is quite old now, in the wrong section, or whatever).

I don't live in any of those countries. Only through experimentation did I work out that it sets it to Celsius/MMDD/12H, Celsius/DDMM/24H and Fahrenheit/MMDD/12H respectively. How is the user supposed to know that? What if I want Celsius, DDMM, and 12H, the way I used to have it?

What was wrong with separate DD/MM ordering and 12/24H options in settings? What was wrong with asking "Scale: Celsius/Fahrenehit" in the weather menu? Why are they now redirected to a completely different settings page to choose their "Region" out of 3 they may know nothing about?
As already meantioned, please do not do not post support/help requests or bug-reports in this specific topic-thread. In your case a new topic-thread in the feature suggestion would be best suited instead.

PS! I agree with you, it would be best if it was seperated; people who live abroad also want to use their native settings, but maybe English or other as language.
brilliant. team xbmc rulz all!
Joined just to say thanks...

XBMC is the most amazing piece of software achievement I've seen since I installed trumpet winsock and started up mosaic.

Seriously. It's been a long time since I've been bedazzled by a piece of software ... there's a lot of cool stuff out there, but the XBMC is the first thing in a long time that I've been excitably describing to my friends, co-workers, and even a couple strangers.

thanks guys.
Will the USB storage system ever see write system?
Because I wanna connect my PSP with my 4Gig memory stick and transfer music from my Xbox to the PSP.
Not likely. I did have a quick play with write, but couldn't get it more than about 50KB/s, which is way too slow to bother with.

Thumbs Up 
jmarshall Wrote:Not likely. I did have a quick play with write, but couldn't get it more than about 50KB/s, which is way too slow to bother with.
Thats too bad. A write feature would of made XBMC the best dash. Even though it already is the best.

Thanks anyways.
Keep up the good work!
Absolutely great works!
Only regret I have is not buying my xbox sooner!!! (bought it 1 year ago now).

And I suppose for mister BG it might be a regret that I suspect some people hold off with buying the 360 because the media player for the V1 is no damn fucking nice (sorry for the language) !

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 2.0.0 (Final) Point-Release!0