Sleep or Hibernation option
I was wondering instead of a shutdown timer as is in the newest release version if instead you could add a Sleep or really Hibernation timer. I usually run something for right before I go to sleep as I can't sleep when it's quiet. I'll set my timer on my TV to shut off and turn the energy saver on high. But my HTPC would actually still be running and playing what ever it is that I'm running.
Isn't that what it does when you set the 'Shutdown function' to sleep or hibernate?
(2015-04-03, 23:14)Hitcher Wrote: Isn't that what it does when you set the 'Shutdown function' to sleep or hibernate?

I thought it just shut the whole thing down. Like turned it off. Cause you know in the power button menu there's 3 different ways to so called shutdown or sleep or hibernate Kodi.
If you look at the power options you'll see you can set what the 'shutdown' function actually does eg power off, hibernate, etc.
Ok so I noticed with the Release of 14.2 that the Shutdown timer has been taken out, correct? I don't see it any more at all. It was there on RC 2 but now on 14.2 release it's gone.
No, still there.
I believe that the timer should just have a way to specify which action to take when countdown finishes
- Shutdown
- Restart
- Sleep
- Hibernate

I think this would be very simple
(2015-04-20, 18:18)Hitcher Wrote: No, still there.

(2015-04-26, 04:05)Danny3 Wrote: I believe that the timer should just have a way to specify which action to take when countdown finishes
- Shutdown
- Restart
- Sleep
- Hibernate

I think this would be very simple

I agree. I want something that's gonna be the entire system into Hibernation. I could care less if Kodi is sleeping as the rest of the system is still using normal power usage. I would like to be able to do this right in Kodi.
The shutdown timer is using the "shutdown function" specified in the power savings menu of system settings.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleep or Hibernation option1