• 3(current)
Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db
not to my knowledge.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A patch would be welcome. It wouldn't be a small one, however Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Now there is a plugin for Apple iPhoto - but what about Windows user?
Unfortunately xbmc does not have a library for pictures (and home videos). I think it would be good to browse by tags or date (e.g. select 2008 > August). I use Windows Live Photo Gallery and it is realy easy and fast. Maybe it is possible to use this library (like Vista Media Center)? Or Picasa for some other people?
And in this case, maybe video clips from camera could be integrated like in Windows Photo Gallery?
I'd like to +1 this... now if only I could help write the plugin.

Right now I use JRiver Media Center to organize my photos and I get it to store my pictures like this: Year\Event\#-Description.jpg. The Year and Event are tags in the file (the year comes from the time stamp, I tag photos with events as I go.

However, I take a lot of bad photos. haha. I think I have to start only saving the ones that I rate 3-5 stars in the XBMC scan directory... I hate seeing all of my poor photos (but I can't bring myself to delete them...)
See feature request => http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/3117

Patch would be more than welcomed Nod
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Appendix_D:_...ment_Notes
Oh, there is new wind! Can we hope?

The description in trac is great, just like it should be:
Quote:The ideal library for My Pictures would bring functionality now available
in Windows Vista, Picasa, Photoshop Elements like:
- View all pictures and videos (contained in picture folders)
-- Photos
-- Videos
- New pictures
- Tagged (IPTC tags - maybe drop GeoTags??)
-- By tag
- Date (From Exif)
-- Year
-- Month
-- Day
- Classification (IPTC)
-- 5 stars
-- 4 stars
-- 3 stars
-- 2 stars
-- 1 star
-- Not classified
- By Camera model
- By folder
I would love to use XBMC to display my photos. It looks perfect and I like how the skins make use of it.

The only prob I am having is that when I open a "Picture folder", it reads everytime all picture information. as I have thousands of photos, this can sometimes takes very long.

Request would be whether this "picture information", which is currently scanned each time to be stored similar to the video libraries. This way, it would take once very long to scan into the library, but then it should be very quick afterwards.

Thoughts?

Your help is highly appreciated!!!

Daniel
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Thanks for moving my request into this thread.

I am looking for something slightly different and not as sophisticated as the request here. I actually like exactly everything in "pictures" as it is today. From my side, no need to sort by any of the exif-info or built a proper library.

My only prob is that it takes quite long if I access a folder that includes many, many photos as XBMC apparently "reads" some info out of the files. I would if it is possible to have this info "saved" that I dont need to go through this process. Something similar like the library (but not as complex) would be sufficient.

Any thoughts? As always, your help is hugely appreciated!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
SQL database library is what you want, even for your "not as sophisticated" request Wink
Hello,
It is possible to integrate a search function in the picture menu?
I've got so many pictures and if i search one picture, i can't find that so fast.

(sorry for my bad english)

Yours sincerely
FRS-FL
And what do you want to search for? For example "DSCF0580.jpg"? That doesn't make sense, right?
Bob___ Wrote:And what do you want to search for? For example "DSCF0580.jpg"? That doesn't make sense, right?

The OP may have given all the pictures names!! :p
Thats right, I rename all the picture, befor I add them to the database!
And in which kind of format or syntax do you rename your pictures? Do you use a self-speaking name or something like that -> "Picture_1_nice_girl_beach_sun_ocean_cocktail.jpg"

Because for a search-function it is necessary to find key-words in the file-name.
I've got a UPNP Server. (MediaTomb)

MediaTomb have a database sorted by EXIF keywords.

example screen:
http://upload.nico-s1n.de/xbmc1.jpg
Here you can see the sorted database. These keywords came from the EXIF keywords. For example the keyword "AFAG"

http://upload.nico-s1n.de/xbmc2.jpg
Here you can see all the picture, which have the EXIF keyword "AFAG".
In the future there are many more picture. This is only a test run.

But if there so many pictures, and i search a special picture, i can't find that so fast. Now I want to search and write the first letter of the picturename. Now XBMC must shows me only the pictures, which starts with the letter.

Do you understand what I mean?
Or is my english so bad for that? Laugh

Yours sincerely
FRS-FL
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures database and library mode; scan EXIF and IPTC metadata tags into a SQL db2