• 4(current)
Release Food Network Video Addon
(2016-04-24, 17:19)Martijn Wrote: Maybe catch the error and throw an in your face popup user can't watch that stream Wink

Even easier - mark the add-on as broken and forget about it.
Hi,

similar situation. Watching food network from europe without any workarounds.

up to 3.0.1 it worked with the update to 3.0.2 it doesn't.

I went back to 3.0.1 that works as it used to be.

a snippet out of the log:

[EDIT] Mod removed log snippet to prevent cluttering of thread.
(2016-05-05, 09:58)MeC!as Wrote: Hi,

similar situation. Watching food network from europe without any workarounds.

up to 3.0.1 it worked with the update to 3.0.2 it doesn't.

I went back to 3.0.1 that works as it used to be.

a snippet out of the log:

[EDIT] Mod removed log snippet to prevent cluttering of thread.
DO NOT post logs in the forum. DO NOT post snippets - they are absolutely useless.
Please post the entire log to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com and post the link here in the forum.

I have no idea what you were posting as a log, but the error that I saw was not from 3.0.2, the code shown does not exist in that version. This is why is SO important to post the FULL debug log.
I know a couple of components are not currently working but I will focus on the fact that the overwhelming majority work and work flawlessly so thanks alot for taking time out of your life to do things I could certainly not do on my own. It is very much appreciated.
(2016-05-05, 12:58)learningit Wrote: DO NOT post logs in the forum. DO NOT post snippets - they are absolutely useless.
Please post the entire log to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com and post the link here in the forum.

I have no idea what you were posting as a log, but the error that I saw was not from 3.0.2, the code shown does not exist in that version. This is why is SO important to post the FULL debug log.

Here the log with 3.0.2 running

http://pastebin.com/XA3QWQFa
(2016-05-05, 17:37)MeC!as Wrote: Here the log with 3.0.2 running

http://pastebin.com/XA3QWQFa

You need to turn on debug logging under Settings->System->Logging also enable specific component logging for ffmpeg and libCurl.
The issue is probably going to be the same as all the posts prior to yours and the answer will be the same. If 3.0.1 works for you, use it. It will eventually die because the website has changed and the access method will stop at some point. The content platform is doing more stringent checks so if you're outside of the US it will not function.
Sorry, forgot about the debug logging

That would be pity, if they block everyone else out.

http://pastebin.com/JFuZUpbh
(2016-05-05, 20:28)MeC!as Wrote: Sorry, forgot about the debug logging

That would be pity, if they block everyone else out.

http://pastebin.com/JFuZUpbh
Are you playing the video from the add-on or have you added it to a library or strm file? This:
Code:
20:23:14 T:1028   DEBUG: Food Network: getRequest URL:http://www.foodnetwork.comhttp://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/players/food-network-full-episodes.vc.chid-27d72deb-58b0-425a-bed7-03b91a91a29b.vid-0201182.html|Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

should not be happening with V3.0.2. It is a V3.0.1 url which cannot be played with V3.0.2.
Under V3.0.2 the url should be:
Code:
20:23:14 T:1028   DEBUG: Food Network: getRequest URL:http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/players/food-network-full-episodes.vc.chid-27d72deb-58b0-425a-bed7-03b91a91a29b.vid-0201182.html

Can you double check that you're running V3.0.2?

[EDIT] I'm actually beginning to think there's some weirdness with caching urls with the '|' character in them under Jarvis. This issue came up with another addon and got fixed by the user modifying the cacheToDisc parameter to default to False in the xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory call in my t1mlib script. The documentation of the call has the default as True, so I would expect lots of things not to work correctly if this is the actual fix. From the urls above if caching ignored chars after the '|' when trying to match as cached, this would explain the behaviour. I know the '|' char signals cookies follow for the player so it's possible there's some weird processing.

Kinda just writing this down here so I remember my thoughts about this later, don't expect folks to understand it.
Quote:Are you playing the video from the add-on or have you added it to a library or strm file? This:

should not be happening with V3.0.2. It is a V3.0.1 url which cannot be played with V3.0.2.
Under V3.0.2 the url should be:

I use just the add-on. Nothing goes to the database in this case.

Quote:Can you double check that you're running V3.0.2?

Yeah I am sure. In the cases I had to switch around I always de-installed the add-on and checked that the folder in the profile was gone as well.

Quote:[EDIT] I'm actually beginning to think there's some weirdness with caching urls with the '|' character in them under Jarvis. This issue came up with another addon and got fixed by the user modifying the cacheToDisc parameter to default to False in the xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory call in my t1mlib script. The documentation of the call has the default as True, so I would expect lots of things not to work correctly if this is the actual fix. From the urls above if caching ignored chars after the '|' when trying to match as cached, this would explain the behaviour. I know the '|' char signals cookies follow for the player so it's possible there's some weird processing.

Kinda just writing this down here so I remember my thoughts about this later, don't expect folks to understand it.

I have noticed that as soon I used 3.0.1 the first time there was an update process for the channels going on. In case of 3.0.2 is nothing happening as soon the add-on opens up first time. It might uses still the old cached links they don't work.

Thanks for looking into it.
If you are able to, may I ask you to try the following change to see if it fixes your situation?

In script.module.t1mlib open the file lib\t1mlib.py and locate the following lines:
Code:
def procDir(self, dirFunc, url, contentType='files', viewType='default_view', cache2Disc=True):
      ilist = []
      xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), contentType)

change the cache2Disc parameter to False , the code should then look like:
Code:
def procDir(self, dirFunc, url, contentType='files', viewType='default_view', cache2Disc=False):
      ilist = []
      xbmcplugin.setContent(int(sys.argv[1]), contentType)

Save the file. Run Kodi and see if that makes a difference. Thanks
Hi,

unfortunately nothing has changed.

Something I also noticed. I watched and ticked off one episode in 3.0.1. Then update to 3.0.2, the tick for the episode is gone and I get an error after a while that says nothing could get played. When I go back to 3.0.1 the tick is there again and it works flawlessly.
I also tried it with an new Kodi profile and there is also the same behaviour.
Ok. Turns out Jarvis does caching of the add-on VFS. I cleaned this problem up by deleting all the .fi files in the cache directory. At least it worked under Windows (the .fi files are in the temp directory under Android). This should fix the above problems.

I have submitted a PR for V3.0.3 which should help keep things running better once the cache files are deleted. V3.0.3 also require script.module.t1mlib V1.0.15 which will load automatically from the kodi.org repo. If you have installed from a repo or zip, other than the kodi.org repo, I'm not sure script.module.t1mlib will update correctly. My advice is to uninstall the current add-on and reinstall from the kodi.org repo when V3.0.3 becomes available.
Thanks a lot.

Will keep you posted as soon 3.0.3 is available.
(2016-05-06, 22:25)MeC!as Wrote: Thanks a lot.

Will keep you posted as soon 3.0.3 is available.

Just deleting the .fi files should fix your issue, you don't need to wait for 3.0.3.
Oh OK. Thanks.

Unfortunately nothing has changed. I deleted the .fi files and used the
Code:
cache2Disc=False
, but it just want start playing the episodes. I even tried to install the add-on from scratch with deleting the t1mlib folder.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Food Network Video Addon0