Download and manage torrents remotely
I have installed Transmission on my Raspberry Pi 2 within Openelec and i'm controlling it with Transdroid on Android. I can download torrent file on my phone and then it downloads directly on raspberry, and i can view progress and pause torrents remotely from my phone. This is all great but it works only on my home network, but i would like to download torrents from everywere using my phone, not limited to home network. Something like uTorrent Remote. Thanks.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with kodi, but basically you need to set up a secure vpn from phone --> home, or open ports in your router, which is less secure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm sorry, i didn't explain it very well, i am using Openelec, and i have Transmission installed and controled remotely by Transdroid on my phone.
I want the same functions like uTorrent Remote for Android.
All you need to do is set static lease ip for rpi. This you can set in router or. Set static ip in rpi. Then you need to port forward port to a specific ip and port.
Transmission is using 9091 afaik.
Oh and you need to have static ip from provider. If you do not have a static external ip then you must use on router some dynamic dns provider like no-ip.org.
(2015-04-15, 19:07)illiac4 Wrote: All you need to do is set static lease ip for rpi. This you can set in router or. Set static ip in rpi. Then you need to port forward port to a specific ip and port.
Transmission is using 9091 afaik.
Oh and you need to have static ip from provider. If you do not have a static external ip then you must use on router some dynamic dns provider like no-ip.org.

And you open it up to control/hacking by anyone on the internet. Not a good idea.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download and manage torrents remotely0