Stream via FTP resume, skipping, reverse and fastforward
I was wondering why it's not possible to resume, skip or reverse/fastforward when streaming from FTP. In theory I guess it should be possible if the FTP supports the FTP RESUME command?
ftp is a FILE TRANSFERING PROTOCOL.

it's not called FSP - FILE STREAMING PROTOCOL

it arses up on too many servers
Yes I know what FTP is, and many servers support resuming where you state the offset yourself. It's really not nonstandard... And it was just an idea, sorry
.... it actually arses up mainly in our ftp client when using mplayer.. if you play the file with dvd player you can seek to your hearts delight
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm aware, hence my 'it arses up comment ..'

that being said, it seems elupus has gotten this much better than last time i tested it.
i can now seek using the dvd player against my own ftp. and rarred stuff works fine using mplayer as well.
Question 
Question to devs: When one stream video files to MPlayer in XBMC from a FTP-server, does it use MPlayers own FTP-support (which I believe it has, at least on Linux/Win32) or does XBMC parse the files/streams though it's FTP-client layer first (and just present the files to MPlayer as if they were local files)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
xbmc's own is used afaik

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream via FTP resume, skipping, reverse and fastforward0