SABnzbd Controller:
This script allows you to control SABnzbd from your XBOX.

It also has support for several nzb sites...

Script has been posted on xbmcscripts and also on my website http://hometown.aol.com/fylands/ were you can also see screenshots of the script running..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
Incredible, can't wait to get home to try it.
Apologies to people not using the MC360 skin as you will not get a correct display. I have just implemented Nukas excellent guibuilder and re-skinned the MC360 display and am now creating a PM3 skin and a default for people using neither of these..

Hopefully I will release them later today...

ALL MC360 Skin users will see the display properly only nonMC360 users are affected..

Cheers..
I have just posted an update on xbmcscripts and also on my website for the updated version that now has specific support for MC360 and PMIII thanks to the guibuilder script written by Nuka..A default skin will be loaded if your not using the two specific ones..

Enjoy.
thanks for this great script. one issue i have is using either newzbin browse or search mode it returns a limited number of results, while i can understand limiting the returns for browse mode it seems to me it would be better to make the search results user definable to match the users newsservers retention, an example would be using your script to search for "xbmc" finds 1 matching post but using newzbins search set to 70 days finds 28
wayland Wrote:thanks for this great script. one issue i have is using either newzbin browse or search mode it returns a limited number of results, while i can understand limiting the returns for browse mode it seems to me it would be better to make the search results user definable to match the users newsservers retention, an example would be using your script to search for "xbmc" finds 1 matching post but using newzbins search set to 70 days finds 28

Are you a premium member or just a standard member. The reason only one entry is returned is because at the moment no username/password is used to access NewzBins which is why only limited results are retrieved..

If you can let me know what type of user you are and what if anything you think would be good to add. This script is very young at the moment and my experience of NG's is the same as this was primarily written as a request from someone else..
well i have premium accesss although im actually part of the editors user group. as for features i was going to suggest a autoload folder like sab's blackhole folder, then people could use linksboks to loads nzbs from sites that are not included in the script (i was hoping to be able to use it to retreive my bookmarks from newzbin but it does not seem to like the site).

i have never used them myself but there are atleast two other similar nzb grabbers hellanzb and ninan have you considered adding support for them?

If you have a standard account on newzbin.com i could see if one of the admins will transfer some of my credit into it for you if it would be helpful, i think they will do it as they have done it for people in the past but i wont be around to ask until the end of the week.
Updated to Version 1.2:http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies2/shocked7fl.gif
Shocked

* Split up code so that the majority of the functions are now controlled in nzbs_c.py and the default.py is primarily responsible for the GUI/Dialogs and Config information.
* Removed Page Navigation from the list and re-located the options to the Y and B Buttons. Y will display Next-Page information and B will display Prev-Pae information (if required)
* X-Button has been re-labeled to perform a Refresh when viewing the SABnzbd Queue or History.
* X-Button has been re-labeled to initiate search when browsing any of the NZB sites.
* Queue Button now has additional options when focused. Y = Pause Downloads and B= Resume Downloads.
* History Button now has additional options when focused. Y = Purge History and B = Toggle verbose.
* When browsing downloads will now display the current download mode (Unpack,Repair,Delete) when vieing the SABnzbd Queue.
* Empty details are now allowed for SABnzbd username/Pasword. (Requested).
* NewZbin Username/Password can now be configured. This is optional for the controller but if added will use the preferences that have been set on Newzbin ie, retention etc (Requested).
* When Modifying Usernames/Passwords it will automatically display the current value with an appropriate heading.
* Usernames/Passwords for each site are now requested one after the other rather than having to be selected individually.

Available Now from My site or xbmcscripts.com when it has been approved..
If anyone is interested in having their local language setup for the controller then please let me know.. I have listed the strings/words that need to be converted if anyone is interested...

---------------------
Downloading Data..
Starting Login..
Login Finished
Getting Data...
Finished getting Data...
Checked Data received...
Bad Login...
Added Page information..
No Entries Found...
Entries Found...
Unable to Access
Back - Main Catergories
PAUSED
RUNNING
Download Speed
Remaining Size
Total Size
State
Page - Next
Page - Prev
of
Performing Action..'
Formatted Command..
Refreshing Data..'
Closing Gui..'
Getting .NZB file..'
Please Wait..'
Data recieved from Site...'
Pushed Data to File...']
Copied Data to Server Address...'
Cannot Get File from Server'
Ready to Pass to SABnzbd...'
NZB File Passed OK..
NZB File Passed ERROR
Display Downloads
Pause Downloads
Resume Downloads
Search
Perform Action
Exit
Modify
Network
Timeout
Modify
Modify - SABnzbd PORT
SABnzbd - Default Action
Modify - SABnzbd User/Pass
Modify - NZBsRUS User/Pass
Modify - NZBMatrix User/Pass
Modify - NewzBin User/Pass
Modify - SMB Name/IP
Modify - SMB User/Pass
Config - Reload
Config - Save
Default Option..
None
+Repair
+Unpack
+Delete
Username
Password
SMB Name - PC Netbios Name
Leave Blank for guest
Perform Action
Delete
Option: None
Option: +Repair
Option: +Unpack
Option: +Delete
Download/Queue NZB
View Category
Alter NZB
Move Item Down
Refresh List
Move Item Up
Read OK
Unable to Read
Config File
Saved
Cannot save Config
Current TIMEOUT:
Hits
No of Files
Size
Mode
Download Size
Remaining Size
---------------------------
Thank you again for working on this project, it has been very usefull. I don't suppose it would be possible to display the info files commonly attached to newzbin files also the comments section at the very end of the post could be of use as well.

As it stands right now sure I can search and find a posts that I've searched for but it is generally difficult to tell if it is something i really want to download.
jimg Wrote:I don't suppose it would be possible to display the info files commonly attached to newzbin files also the comments section at the very end of the post could be of use as well.

I will look into that.
Can't seem to get it to connect to my computer?

I put in the info (192.168.2.103, 8080 port) and i cant connect. "socket is not connected"Huh? I have the port open in my router, and sabnzbd IS open on my computer..

Looks like its a great script, once i get it working that is.
hmm now i cant seem to get to my queue, or view my history.

I get to a screen that says "Parsed Entries" and it just sits there, until i do an IGR.
mcgoober Wrote:hmm now i cant seem to get to my queue, or view my history.

I get to a screen that says "Parsed Entries" and it just sits there, until i do an IGR.

Are you using the default template as it has only been configured to use the original template supplied with versionv 0.2.4.

I am currently working on a total re-write to attempt to make the application bullet-proof..
I would also like to say thanks. I was about to start writing a similar application for hellanzb, but gave yours a try and decided it was worth using and saved me a bunch of time!

I would agree with jimg, however, about adding additional information about search results from newzbin. I took a look at your code to see how you obtained the information from newzbin. It seems like it would be pretty easy to alter your code to work with newzbin's newer v3 site, which does display more information on the search results page.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SABnzbd Controller:0