[RELEASE] DVDProfiler importer script - import the movie database from DVD Profiler
Does anyone have a large (2000+ titles) online collection (V2 or V3)? if you do could you PM me your alias so I can check on a few things ?

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Nice script. Thanks for sharing it!
I'm using the on-line mode to get my DVD profile from Invelos. Everything works fine, I can see my collection, but the "Additional Information" fields for each DVD show only "N/A". For example, Rating, Runtime, Region, etc all show N/A for every DVD. :confused2:
They've probably changed the html layout that its scraping from. I'll need to re-check it.
Retired from Add-on dev
Everything working on install and network linking to collection.xml (script verifies the connection) can browse my movie collection after ftp file to xbox, but if using SMB enabled option progress dialog shows 100% and "success" then locks up.

Any help would be appreciated
its nearly always a samba path / setup or PC access problem.

Ensure the PC user has full permissions on PC etc.

alternatively, enable DEBUG (in bbbLib.py) and set loglevel to 1 in xbmc's advancedsettings.xml then re-run and send me the xbmc.log
Retired from Add-on dev
I've enabled debug = True in the bbblib.py. However, I can't find any advancedsettings.xml anywhere in the XBMC directory structure.

Is that the correct file?

I've no problems in other areas of XBMC accessing shares.

Thanks
v1.5 now available on www.xbmcscripts.com

Changes since v1.3

New: Uses UserData for all storage (settings, collection, images ...)
New: Language support (only english supplied)
New: SMB Config; To specify DVDProfiler Share
New: SMB Config; To specify subfolders for EXPORT and IMAGES
New: SMB Config; To specify Movies Share
New: Media playback on A button for titles that have Location defined in the v3 XML
Change: Config Menu option "Start Local?" to "Startup Mode:" [MENU,SMB,LOCAL,ONLINE]
Fix: IMDb information scrapes
Fix: IMDb information window layout cleanup.
Fix: Online Collection retrieval of information.
Change: Main script and supporting libs code.
Fix: Improved SMB setup and ironed out some quirks.
New: Checks for newer collection via SMB
New: Animation on Open/Close
New: Config Menu option to check for new script update.

Readme updated to explain a bit more about new SMB setup.

fyi AdvancedSettings.xml only exists if you create it in xbmc's UserData folder
Create file then enter this to enable more logging to xbmc.log

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Retired from Add-on dev
Hi Billy,
How do I use your script? I'm new to this so please bear with my ignorance. I put the followed the information in the readme file, went to XBMC scripts, found the dvd profiler script and selected it. Then it said it installed it but I don't know what to do from there. I can't find anywhere to enter my information or where to even run the script. It doesn't show up in the list of scripts, and if I then click on the button labeled "Scripts" XBMC just goes to a blank screen. Can you help out a guy that is completely lost?

Thanks,
-Steve
The script will have been installed to the folder Q:\scripts\DVD Profiler.

Selecting the Scripts button on the xbmc home page will take you to a folder full of script icons, you click on the script icon to run it (it can also be added to your favourites by selecting the white button)

If you don't get the scripts display, I'd suggest your xbmc isn't installed corrected, you need to see help elsewhere.

This script looks to your remote PC (via a share) for all your DVDProfiler information and displays it. The readme has more detail on setup and use.

but, you need to sort out your xbmc installation first.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Hello,
Actually in dvd profiler, we can only chose to view infos from imdb. Is there a solution to change this by allocine (from france),

Thanks
imdb is the only supported online information resource.

is there a reason why you would want to use allocine instead ?
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:imdb is the only supported online information resource.

is there a reason why you would want to use allocine instead ?

Yes !! I'm french !!
Hi BigBelly,

Very nice job ;-)

I am using the 'local' way to view my collection, but i can't launch my DVD (.ISO), where do I have to fill the location of the file ??

Thanks
DVDProfiler v3 allows you to store a 'location' against each title.

The script will append this location onto the SMB movies path you need to define in the settings.

I've done some work on the script recently, added language and self updating support, as well fixed IMDb lookup etc. should be out next week if I get the time to finish it.
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DVDProfiler importer script - import the movie database from DVD Profiler0