[RELEASE] DVDProfiler importer script - import the movie database from DVD Profiler
zakhounet: I can see that if your only using DVDProfiler in 'Local' mode that appending your stored media 'location' to a smb won't work. I've changed the script so that if your in local mode it won't join to a smbpath but attempt to playback from local storage. Your stored 'location' path will have to reflect this. eg 'E:\myvideos\Ronin.iso' or simliar
Retired from Add-on dev
Changelog:

Change: Removed ClientCookie.py by using python 2.4 cookieLib instead.
Change: Self update improved.
Fix: IMDb
New: German language strings.
New: IMDb Slideshow of gallery images
New: Filter of 'Location' - Show only films with a location stored in XML (DVDPro v3 only XML)
New: For V3 XML, titles with Location have icon displayed and can be filtered.
New: Setting option to set startup mode (Menu,SMB,Local,Online)

on http://www.xbmcscripts.com

any problems, let me know.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
thank Big, I will try it asap

Big Grin
Mcgeiver Wrote:Everything working on install and network linking to collection.xml (script verifies the connection) can browse my movie collection after ftp file to xbox, but if using SMB enabled option progress dialog shows 100% and "success" then locks up.

Any help would be appreciated

I am having a similar problem. What I found is that after the collection.xml is 'processed' the images are. and that is where it is locking up. Im not sure if the script tries to copy the image files as is, or if it tries to resample them, but here is an examp,le of what happens.

For my first movie (i.e. The 6th Day) the DVD profiler image is named (doing this from memory so it's just an example) 987652321i.jpg. But the image that the script is trying to create is named 09876543210i.jpg (note the extra lading zero and the extra number near the end. This file gets 'stuck' as a zero byte file and the xbox locks up.

Now if I manually copy the image over and rename it to what the script is calling it (the one with the extra numbers) the script will succcessfullly start in SMB mode and the image for the first movie (6th Day) is displayed. However as soon as I select another title, it locks up again as it tries to create/copy the image.

So, here are my thoughts:

1. SMB is working since it does fetch the collection.xml file.
2. I have upgraded from a previous version of DVD Profiler to V3, so I don't know if there is some discrepency in image names (i.e. the script is looking for the longer name and can't find it and thus locks up when it is creating/copying it.
3. I use high quality mode images for DVD Profiler
4. I don't know why the file names are different and if it's a 'can't find' issue as stated in #2, or if there is a problem with the conversion if the image is being resampled.
Hi.

thanks for the feedback.

When people have contacted me about this before, its usually down to them not setting in the scripts settings menu the correct subfolder where the cover are located.
This is a different location than v2 DVDProfiler.

The image filenames are taken from the XML, the DVD's <ID> tag
eg. 0043396062498.2 and append 'f.jpg' (0043396062498.2f.jpg)

Look in the collection.xml and find the film '6th day' then make a note of its <ID>
Then search for *id_num*.* in the remote PC's images subfolder. It could be that the 'f.jpg' I append ontot end isn't true for hi-rez images?

If you've found that your hi-rez cover don't match these filenames, let me know.

You can do two things;
1) send me (a zip) of your v3 collections file with a few of the first few films cover images, so I can try and re-create your problem.
or
2) run it in debug mode and send me the xbmc.log.
You will need to create a file in UserData called AdvancedSettings.xml
and in it have
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Heres an example settings showing that I have a the main smb share:

'smb_dvdpro_share': 'DVD Profiler'
'smb_images_dir': 'Databases/default/IMAGES',

so its expects the given images subfolder to exist under your defined smb share.
smb://user:passTongueCNAME/DVD Profiler/Databases/default/IMAGES

The collection.xml is brought from the other subfolder definition:
Defined as eg 'smb_collection_dir': 'EXPORT'
making:
smb://user:passTongueCNAME/DVD Profiler/EXPORT

Does that example help you check your serttings ?

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:Heres an example settings....

'smb_images_dir': 'Databases/default/IMAGES',

so its expects the given images subfolder to exist under your defined smb share.
smb://user:passTongueCNAME/DVD Profiler/Databases/default/IMAGES

Hmmm.... That may be the problem. I have it pointed to DVD Profiler/Images directory which may be the old DVD Profiler 2 location and not the one you show as being under databases/default. I'll look at it when I get home. If that's the case, a note might need to be made to let people know that if they updated from a previous version of Profiler, the images are in a different place as updating did not remove the old ones.
Thumbs Up 
Ok, problem solved after a little hair pulling. It was indeed the location of the images and the location change from DVD Profiler v2. My v3 images are buried in My Documents. After sharing that directory as Images, and after deleting the dat files in the script data cache directory, that the script had previously made (because it still locked up) all is well.

Something I would suggest. Perhaps put an options screen on the main choice screen because once you set the SMB settings you can't easily get back into them (if you made a mistake and things lock up). You can get to them by going into local mode first, but if that locks up, you have to FTP in and delete stuff to start over.

Also as mentioned above, perhaps the readme.txt could expand on the different image locations between v2 and v3.

Anyway, this is a great script. It saves me time from having to fire up the computer every time I want to look something up. And DVD Profiler v3 is no speed demon on loading.
"Perhaps put an options screen on the main choice screen"

could you explain a bit further? Do you mean 'Settings option on the 'Startup Menu' ?

As you say entering into Local mode gives you access to Settings menu, not sure why it would lockup in that mode thou as it doesn't do any SMB transfers (for covers etc).
There is a Clear Data option in Settings Menu, maybe that wouldve helped?

I could expand the SMB menu to check that all the entered paths exist as well as just the SMB connection check.

and I'll expand the readme, tbh, someone promised me to re-write it for me but I never heard back from them.

Anyway, glad you got it going. As your a v3 user, have you tried the video playback feature as v3 now holds media location?

cheers
BBB

PS. any contributions for a better script logo most welcome!
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:"Perhaps put an options screen on the main choice screen"

could you explain a bit further? Do you mean 'Settings option on the 'Startup Menu' ?

As you say entering into Local mode gives you access to Settings menu, not sure why it would lockup in that mode thou as it doesn't do any SMB transfers (for covers etc).
There is a Clear Data option in Settings Menu, maybe that wouldve helped?

I could expand the SMB menu to check that all the entered paths exist as well as just the SMB connection check.

Yes, I meant on the main startup menu. I guess I was thinking that if someone is trying to use SMB and it's locking up, they may not know they can get to the SMB settings through the local mode. Again, the reamde is a bit lacking on what files need to be FTPed and where to put them, so some may not even try it. It took me a little while to figure it out and it was really just by accident.

Yes, the clear data probably would have helped but I was already getting proficient at knowing what to delete to start over.Wink

Expanding the SMB connection check would probably help or at least have the main script just error out if the files it's looking for are not where it was told by the SMB settings. As it stands now, it looks like it tries to create the jpg first (thus the 0 byte file) and then dies if the source is not there.

I have not tried the option to actually play videos yet because I don't have them 'on line' yet. But it looks like a nice feature.

Anyway, in no way am I trying to nit pick. I know a lot of work goes into these things and I for one appreciate it. Thanks!
hello,

first I want to say that the dvdprofiler script is awesome. Thanks a lot BigBellyBilly!

I think I found a bug in the new version 1.6:
I use DVDProfiler v3 and xbmc (self compiled build from march 2008) in combination with the dvdprofiler script v1.6 in local mode.
I was wondering, because the additonal movie information isn't displayed any more (after the description only "N/ AN /AN /AN Video: N/ AN/ AN/ AN ...").
I searched the bug and figured out, that in case of a german "umlaut" (ä, ö, ü) or of a german "scharfes s" (ß) in the movie description, the additional movie information is not displayed.
I come from Germany and in almost every movie description there are those characters. In v1.5 everything worked great.

You can simply reproduce the bug by adding one of those characters to the movie description. It would be great if you could fix this Smile
I look into it, thanks for letting me know.
Retired from Add-on dev
please send me a sample of your v3 collection.xml, that has the offending characters, so I can try and make a fix .

thanks
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Hello,

I have a problem with dvdprofiler xbmc 1.6.

With dvd profiler 3 I created collection.xml. I have 655 dvd.

I put it in the folder cache, dvdprofiler 1.6 generate only 578 dvd. where are the others ? when I edit the collection.xml file, the DVD that don't appear on the plugin are OK in the file. No active filter ...

Could you please help me ?

Thanks
sure, mail me a rar/zip of your collection.xml and I'll see what I can find. email address in the readme.txt included with script
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DVDProfiler importer script - import the movie database from DVD Profiler0