Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) script suggestion
No offense... but 2nd post and not thought through before it was made...

You take the time to create the initial database but that isnt downloading the trailer itself. Cache wont take long true enough but that is playing AFTER you download the thing. At this point I will asume you are talking about playing previously downloaded trailers because nobody is foolish enough to start trying to play all without a local (which was my original understanding as you didnt specify taking the time to scalp the entire site).

But for a simple play all fix, just add your trailer directory to my videos as a bookmark and make a playlist to run through there. I would think the scripts initial purpose is to update you to new and upcoming films (unless you get everything and I see some pretty old ones there). Once you have picked your downloads and completed them just play them in XBMC like you would any other playlist since the script isnt really needed.
Harsh is right, the initial database creation doesn't download the trailer, it downloads all info and poster, then creates thumbs. It is a slow process that I'm currently trying to figure out a better way.

It use to be able to only download the info as the trailer was highlighted, but no thumbnail. I may look at changing it back to work that way. The problem is, now everything is an sql command. Unless you create the whole database, Actor list, studio list, rating, genre list..., search and so on will not be complete. The genre may be able to be done.

Any suggestions will be considered.

there are 1218 trailers in my database. Smile

I was going to work on a playlist (check the context menu), but couldn't figure out a good way. Maybe once the code is cleaned up, I'll take another look.

Again any suggestions.
Quote:But for a simple play all fix, just add your trailer directory to my videos as a bookmark and make a playlist to run through there. I would think the scripts initial purpose is to update you to new and upcoming films (unless you get everything and I see some pretty old ones there). Once you have picked your downloads and completed them just play them in XBMC like you would any other playlist since the script isnt really needed.

Quote:I was going to work on a playlist (check the context menu), but couldn't figure out a good way. Maybe once the code is cleaned up, I'll take another look.

Thank you and thank you - and Harsh, no offense - but I don't even want to know what part of 'playlist' you didn't understand. Are you on dial-up or something? For me it doesn't even make a difference playing a trailer from HDD or streaming it.

Also if you try to equal the post count on a forum to knowledge, you will utterly fail.
Wasnt the intent Akor and no offense taken... to be honest playlist for a stream would be kind of foolish I suppose as the script wont actually "stream" as I have come to know it (like the other versions Ive come across anyway) but for the record.. I'm on cable Wink

As for post count.. everybody started at one and the only way to increase is by asking questions and I can honestly say I have asked ALOT of questions.. and not all of them were the brightest questions to be sure... but in the end its the only way to learn.
Since installing the latest build of XBMC/Apple Movie Trailers, scroling through the movie list has been a nightmare. I have to wait for it to get the information for each fille as I scroll through. This only happens the first time I scroll through the list.

Where has the Update all button gone? Was so much faster.

Thanks To anybody that can help.

Mikey
Hi Nuka,

I installed AMT (latest SVN release) recently and after using it for a few days now I would like to thank you for the excellent work! Still there's is some "features" I would like to suggest:

1. I can see if I have already watched a trailer in the context menu, as it states "Mark unwatched" here. But I do not have a single chance to see that from the trailer list. Is that only with me? If not it would be rather cool to mark the watched trailers in the list, maybe with a red dot or something alike.

2. I would like to download trailers "on demand" and not by changing my settings. Example: I have watched a trailer and get back to the list. Now I press "Black" and the video downloads to the location I have specified in my settings... (Maybe that is already implemented but I am just too stupid to use it properly Smile )

Would love to hear what you think of these ideas...

akaigotchi
1. if you are using the default skin, theres an overlay icon on the poster.
red checkmark means it's downloaded and saved
magnifying glass means it's been watched
yellow star means it's a favorite.
if you want that in the list, like the asterix for favorite. it can be added, but where? Maybe to the left or right of rating. It kinda clutters the line to have too many symbols.

2. So you have mode set to stream and after you watch a trailer you decide you want to keep it, so an option in the context menu to download and save? Maybe, i'll think about it.
Mikeypr, change your thumbs to poster in settings.
Hi,
I've updated the whole database (takes a long long time) can use studio and actor now but the search function is still not available.

any ideas?
sorry but forgot to mention: I am using latest version from svn: 0.94
there is no 0.94.
latest version is 0.93.5, and svn is svn (no version)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pikes technically right, it's not versioned until it's tagged even though it says 0.94. I should probably change that to pre 0.94.

Search function isn't created yet, so no point in enabling it.
Not sure if this has been brought up before - any chance if possible to add a stream and save option in AMT? so if i wish to watch a trailer at a later time its saved - but i can stream it the first time so i dont have to wait for it?

Over in Australia - we have crappy slow broadband No
Hi.
I'm using AMT 0.93.5 and there is one thing that REALLY bugs me: on every hop to next title on the genre, app loads the cover and basic data from the net. This is irritating when I would like to step ie. 5 titles over.

Can there be a conf flag for "load data when title is focused" instead of <enter> or <A> stroke.
Smile
Nuka, your most recent settings alterations seem to have a glitch. When I try and start the script it gives me the settings error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) script suggestion0