Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) script suggestion
if you are using a new build, there is a problem with creating the gui.

add fastMethod=True to the call to guibuilder, or wait until i fix it.

realjobe, this has been covered many times, just set the thumbs to poster.
stream and save anyone?
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my setup. I'm using AMT 0.93.5 and am trying to update the database. I go through each category/genre to download or thumbnails to cache. However, it has a problem updating AMT.pk I've gone through it a few times and figured maybe there is a corrupt movie info so I check each category one by one. Instead of a category being the problem, it appears AMT.pk is unable to update once it gets to a certain size (haven't verified what the size is when it fails). I have ample space on the partition where it is being written (>32GB). Using AMT 0.91 I am able to update all on the database and not have this issue. I have already tried removing AMT completely and reinstalling it from both the FAT and SLIM packs of XBMC 2.0.1. I have not yet tried the SVN version but will give it a shot when I have time. I'm just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and what the workaround might be.
you will easily run out of memory if you try and update all genres with 93.5, you can grab the latest files from svn (not tagged) and when asked, do a complete database creation. This will take a long time, but you will have more options and no memory issues.
AMT won't start in latest SVN from XBMC compiled a few days ago.

error message:
"There was an error setting up your GUI.
Check your skinfile:
q:\scripts\Apple Movie Trailers\skins\Default\skin.xml"

entries in xbmc.log:
22:22:48 M: 42643456 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\scrollbar_background.png
22:22:48 M: 42643456 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\scrollbar_bar.png
22:22:48 M: 42643456 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\scrollbar_bar_focus.png
22:22:48 M: 42643456 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\scrollbar_nib.png
22:22:48 M: 42643456 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Project Mayhem III\media\scrollbar_nib_focus.png
22:22:54 M: 36753408 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'q:\scripts\apple movie trailers\default.py' defined

regards cy
additional info:
tried with other skin in XBMC (PM I) and AMT works
also working under MC360
found onother bug: settings menue doesn't work under MC360 skin
Nuka1195 Wrote:if you are using a new build, there is a problem with creating the gui.

add fastMethod=True to the call to guibuilder, or wait until i fix it.

if this is the same probem I described - where must I add "fastMethod=True" ?
when I use the translated Includes.xml (German) for MC360 from here: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=551551
AMT also doesn't work in MC360.
with the original english one AMT works.
cybero2912 Wrote:if this is the same probem I described - where must I add "fastMethod=True" ?

Open file scripts\Apple Movie Trailers\lib\gui.py and edit line 69 changing from

guibuilder.GUIBuilder( self, os.path.join( self.skinPath, skin ), self.imagePath, useDescAsKey=True, title=default.__scriptname__, line1=__line1__, dlg=dialog, pct=pct, debug=False )

to

guibuilder.GUIBuilder( self, os.path.join( self.skinPath, skin ), self.imagePath, useDescAsKey=True, title=default.__scriptname__, line1=__line1__, dlg=dialog, pct=pct, fastMethod=True, debug=False )
I just did a checkout from SVN and experienced the same issue. Your fix worked perfectly, but I found it on Line 97, not Line 69.
also it took a really long time to build the database the first time I ran this script, would it be possible to distribute the database file along with the script and then just update that instead of building it 100% from scratch every time?
SleepyP Wrote:I just did a checkout from SVN and experienced the same issue. Your fix worked perfectly, but I found it on Line 97, not Line 69.
The file I'm talking about is "gui.py" contained in the archive called "Apple_Movie_Trailers-0.91.zip" (the most recent version of this script, as far as I know) which can be downloaded from XBMCScripts.com.
In that file you have to change line 69.

Line 97 says:

self.controls['X Button On']['control'].setVisible( xbmc.getCondVisibility( self.controls['X Button On']['visible'] ) )

and has nothing to do with the incompatibility issue.
Like I said, I am using the very latest version of the script as obtained via the SVN here:
http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
can be obtained if you have SVN installed by running this command:
SVN co http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ [Local directory you want to checkout to here]

The same fix has to be applied to the AccuWeather script, which I also got via SVN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Movie Trailers (AMT) script suggestion0