Hardware that can do 3d mvc
What About SolidRun CuBox-i 4×4

SoC – Freescale i.MX6 Quad 4x Cortex A9 @1GHz-1.2GHz with Vivante GC2000 (OpenGL/ES 2.0)
System Memory – 4GB 64-bit DDR3 @ 1066 MHz
Storage – microSD card slot, eSATA II (3 Gbps) connector
Video Output – HDMI 1.4 with 3D support
Audio Output – HDMi, optical S/PDIF
Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (up to 470Mbps), WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
USB – 2x USB 2.0 host, 1x micro USB to RS232 port for console access
Misc – InfraRed receiver and transmitter, RTC with backup battery
Power Supply – 5V/3A via 2.1/5.5mm power jack
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Don't think the i.mx6 has any Open Source MVC decode drivers does it?

Lots of the ARM SoCs have 3D support potentially but AFAIK only the Pi/Pi2 actually have exposed Open Source access to the MVC decode and frame packed 3D output functionality.
I feel sure that mvc decoding could be done in software (ie without hardware acceleration) on a celeron chromebox or similar level processor if someone finished the mvc extensions in ffmpeg. There is proof of concept software in a masters/PhD paper that is available on the net.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-02, 00:27)nickr Wrote: I feel sure that mvc decoding could be done in software (ie without hardware acceleration) on a celeron chromebox or similar level processor if someone finished the mvc extensions in ffmpeg. There is proof of concept software in a masters/PhD paper that is available on the net.

Chromebox will be the perfect box if someone can do this.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-04-30, 23:01)movie78 Wrote: 2015 is there's no hardware fully supported with Kodi/3D framepacked

Except raspberry pi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-02, 01:30)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 00:27)nickr Wrote: I feel sure that mvc decoding could be done in software (ie without hardware acceleration) on a celeron chromebox or similar level processor if someone finished the mvc extensions in ffmpeg. There is proof of concept software in a masters/PhD paper that is available on the net.

Chromebox will be the perfect box if someone can do this.

Does the Chromebox support frame packed 24p output? That's the other half of the requirement for Full HD 3D output (MVC decode will get you the 2 x 24p 1920x1080 frames per second, you then need to output them)

As far as i know, theres no work being done on that over at ffmpeg. Theres no interested either, and its been like 4 years or so like that.
Dont think that will change ever either.
I wouldnt bet it, so only option left is hardware...
Yeah that is the problem really. I understand that some work might be being done in libav and could be ported to ffmpeg.

I tried to get my son interested, he is a straight A math/comsci grad, but seems more interested in gaming and going to his flash job!
MVC decode is only half the battle though isn't it?

You also need 1080/24p 3D frame packed output - i.e. 1920x2205/24p output (2 x 1920x1080 frames with 45 lines of blanking separating the two), which is the HDMI 1.4 standard for 1080p 3D. Have we confirmed that the Chromebox can output this format? Even with software MVC decode, if you can't output frame packed then you're left with half-res SBS output still aren't you - unless the Chromebox AND your TV support an alternative 3D output format (like full-res SBS or TAB)
Yes I think you are right noggin. I think too that everyone (including me) has been so fixed on the need to get mvc sorted that the output stuff has been pushed to one side.
(2015-05-02, 10:36)noggin Wrote: MVC decode is only half the battle though isn't it?

You also need 1080/24p 3D frame packed output - i.e. 1920x2205/24p output (2 x 1920x1080 frames with 45 lines of blanking separating the two), which is the HDMI 1.4 standard for 1080p 3D. Have we confirmed that the Chromebox can output this format? Even with software MVC decode, if you can't output frame packed then you're left with half-res SBS output still aren't you - unless the Chromebox AND your TV support an alternative 3D output format (like full-res SBS or TAB)

and can it? The chromebox?
I don't know! It's why I asked. I suspect it will be a driver limitation if it doesn't?
I'm pretty sure the Chromebox doesn't support full frame-packed/3D output. I tried and know the ZBox BI-320 doesn't and it has the same CPU. As far as I know, all the Celerons don't support this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware that can do 3d mvc0