Distorted/warped picture
Just updated my m8 box with latest firmware running kodi and now I'm getting a problem with the picture distorting/warping top half of screen only. Please help
Really need a screen shot. You can cycle through res and aspect with the 'z' key or within the OSD. But it sounds like you've reached the limit of the M8 handling stock Kodi. Give SPMC a shot, it's developed with Android in mind and isn't so taxing. If that doesn't cure the issue, you might have to try a new rom file and failing that, the hardware becomes suspect.
try playing around with the acceleration settings. I have to disable amcodec to get videos to play with the proper resolution.
(2015-05-04, 16:30)lowridin_guy Wrote: try playing around with the acceleration settings. I have to disable amcodec to get videos to play with the proper resolution.

It's because AMLogic http://www.amlogic.com/ makes a crap. Just listen to this paradox - you have to disable AMLogic video codec (amcodec) on AMLogic devices to get the best video performance Big Grin
I'd go back through the forum and search through all the recent M8 threads about problems. If I recall correctly your solution may be found there.

Lawin1 - The problem is not with AMLogic so much as with a variety of vendors and firmwares causing issues from what I can gather. My CX-S806 S802 quad core AMLogic SOC w/ octa core GPU based box is working fine on Isengard and I have all hardware decoders active. It'll even play the Big Buck Bunny 3840x2160 file with synced audio... So, AMLogic is not the issue, but the M8 box users have been posting a lot lately...
(2015-05-04, 20:31)lawin1 Wrote: It's because AMLogic http://www.amlogic.com/ makes a crap. Just listen to this paradox - you have to disable AMLogic video codec (amcodec) on AMLogic devices to get the best video performance Big Grin

You are entirely wrong. There is no part of your statement that has any truth to it.
Screenshot + debug log (wiki) or it didn't happen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distorted/warped picture0