Volume problems when using surround sound
I have a strange problem. I use 5.1 speakers system with stereo up mix enabled and with pass-through also enabled. The audio is great and everything worked Ok until just recently. For a pass few days I can't change volume trough Komi if I watch video with 5.1 sound. We I press volume button only volume slider is shown on screen but it doesn'tImove left or right. When I stop the movie volume works again. If the video has 2.0 source everything is working. I use Kodi 14.2 on Windows 8.1.Any help would be appreciated.
You can't controll the volume while Kodi is in passthrough mode. That's why it's called "passthrough". It isn't touched by Kodi anymore and all controlls have to be done with the AVR/Amp you are using.
But I am sure that this was possible before...
Then Kodi wasn't in passthrough mode, I guess
Or the previously working files had AAC 5.1 which gets passed as PCM, which Kodi can adjust the volume of at all times.
That could be it! Thanks jjd-uk for clearing that upSmile
Easiest way to think of it is that encoded audio types such as Dolby Digital & DTS are like archive files, in order to edit (change volume) a document (PCM audio) stored in a RAR file (encoded DTS audio) it must first be unpacked (decoded to PCM), in audio the unpacked file is always PCM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume problems when using surround sound0