14.x launhes in extremely low res on 10.9.5
First time running "Kodi" since XBMC days.

2014 Macbook Pro running OSX 10.9.5.

Downloaded latest stable version, 14.2, install, open, it's running at an extremely low res and I can only see a small corner of the UI being stretched across the screen. Cannot access preferences to attempt rez change. Apple Q. Uninstall via Appzapper.
Downloaded 32-bit varient. Same shit. Apple Q. Uninstalled.

Came here and posted. No I didn't search the forums before posting. No I didn't read any FAQs. Glanced at whatever I came across on the way to registering and posting here and didn't see anything that said "READ THIS CUZ THIS SHIT DOESN'T WORK UNLESS YOU FOLLOW THIS MAGIC STEP."

Why doesn't this run right? You can flame me all you want but this needs to run for laymans that are less competant than drunk me, never had this issue before.

Sorry for short and stubbornness, I hope to god this isn't a common issue though.
"hey guys, can you google this for me?"

Apple W.
To calm you down
1. no its not a common issue
2. yes it runs for laymans which are less drunk as you are right now

Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I just relaunched it this morning and it works perfectly fine. I think there's some kind of quantum entanglement between drunks and their devices because often my stuff can and will act broken in weird ways if I've been drinking, then seems to magically work the next day. Couldn't possibly be user error... Wink

Thanks guys, and, apologies Blush
That happened to me once and it turned out my computer wasn't even plugged in. Then I figured it wasn't my computer. It wasn't even my house. I felt bad about the fire.
Haha!

Problem came back again, here's solution:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Mac_FAQ#Other_10.9_issues

"Possible issue with auto-switching GPUs on some Macbook Pros- There seems to be an issue with some Macbook Pros that have auto-switching GPUs that cause Kodi to start up with only 16k colors and/or low resolution. Switching in and out of windowed mode seems to work as a temp workaround (press \ on a keyboard)."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
14.x launhes in extremely low res on 10.9.50