Win Itunes Airplay issue
Sad 
I have my computer connected to home theatre reciever via HDMI, since I enabled airplay in Kodi itunes automatically opens and controls the audio output from the computer and defaults to the analog output. When I try and close itunes it tells me another application is accessing the script, it closes then opens back up in 10 secs or so. I went back to kodi and switched off Airplay and can't get itunes to release from the kodi connection. It is over riding my audio card settings even if I set HDMI as default it still outputs through analog! I need to get this reset as there are a few other things I had to work around with my setup and this has now overridden them. How can I get kodi to stop accessing itunes and opening it up automatically and stop the airplay speaker setting from overiding the settings of my audio chipset?
Well i don't really get your real problem because its written in a way i don't understand. But if you disable airplay in Kodi - its disabled. If you still have some sort of AirPlay audio sink then i guess its the AirPlay feature of your receiver itself. (some of those AMPs support this). Maybe have a look into your receivers manual and try to deactivate it there.

If i got this all wrong please try to explain your problem in a more clear way (without mixing up Itunes and Airplay and clearly stating which software runs on what system in your setup and how its all connected together.)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry for the confusion, this problem is related to itunes as the airplay icon appears near the volume slider and you can select which "speakers" you can play through. (Kodi shows as an option there). Completely unrelated to the receiver. Since I turned off the airplay option within Kodi, it still accesses the Itunes scripting service and opens Itunes automatically (I can't shut down itunes!)
It has also changed the way that my audio setting act as kodi defaults to the analog output from the PC even though the HDMI is selected as default.
Well i only know itunes on osx and there is no feature that would make it start just because there are any wireless airplay speakers around in my network. Is itunes running on the same PC as Kodi? As said - if you disable airplay in Kodi it is disabled. After that there is no trace of any kodi airplay speakers in the network anymore.

The default device is something that should be configurable in windows itself. It depends. Do you use the wasapi device or the directsound device? Also why don't you select HDMI inside of kodi instead of "default".

Also posting a debug log (wiki) while the problem appears might shed some light on the problem...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Itunes Airplay issue0