• 46(current)
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)
No black screens, crashes, cable problems, or heat issues. Sounds you have a very bad unit...

I only have problems with the 'interference':
- I switched very fast to wired LAN connection (powerline connected with my NAS) (WLAN was indeed terrible, he didn't even find my router!)
- I use an USB extension cable for the dongle of my wireless keyboard and mouse
- I don't use bleutooth
I have no problems since
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
Maybe my fault but i could not resume from suspend using ir remote with libreelec , resume only with power button on remote

am i the only one ?

bios settings default
Quote:resume only with power button on remote

^^ Parse error of this sentence
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Damn i'm getting too old Sad .....

(Power button on beebox)
Is the N3150 Beebox in any way better at HQ Scaling of non 1080p Material compared to a Celeron 2955U Chromebox or a N2820 Nuc?
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2016-07-07, 00:30)john.cord Wrote: Is the N3150 Beebox in any way better at HQ Scaling of non 1080p Material compared to a Celeron 2955U Chromebox or a N2820 Nuc?

no, the 2955U smokes both the N2920/2930 and the N3150 in that department. By all accounts, the N3xxx Celerons are slightly slower than the N2xxx versions, although they use less power and have a significantly better GPU.
Anyone looking to the new mini 110 as a alternative to these?
Sure looks like a bare bones that could last a few years..
You got a link?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://www.asrock.com/nettop/index.asp

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7744/as...index.html

They have been shown around the traps and are just starting to turn up on eBay.

At the moment they are still thin on the ground. I am surprised they haven't got them to market faster.

More aimed at the business desktop replacement but seem to be something that could worth buying and building on..
Little chunked then say the MSI mini's that are out there but the ability to load in storage ( mote point if we are working off a NAS for media).

But the ability to Ram it up and pick your processor makes it a worth while play thing..

I am thinking of grabbing one as its time to upgrade the Giada that has been a work horse for a good number of years.
And after running Windows based Kodi, I just can't see myself wasting time on an Android based box as my main room HTPC.

Thus is looking like the new contender..
But as said, so far haven't found any US sellers or even Asian.. only one French and 2 UK firms.. so with luck the shipments are just starting and we can start to get our hands on them to play with.
Nice looking box and new range.

Also good to see AMD coming to the NUC table.
Also just saw that there is an updated version of the beebox called BeeBox-S

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/Beebo...ifications

Apparently it has one HDMI port that does 4k at 60hz

2 x HDMI*
- 1 x DP
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 1 x LAN
- 1 x Kensington lock
*HDMI 1 (4K/2K@60Hz) /HDMI 2 (4K/2K@30Hz)

Could be interesting but it's quite pricy at around 320 euros
(2016-07-18, 19:04)psysfaction Wrote: Apparently it has one HDMI port that does 4k at 60hz

Yes, but this is Skylake: so no 10-bit x265 support either.
I'd go for the cheaper Brasswell version.
If you want future proof, wait a little more for Apollo Lake.
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2016-07-19, 07:38)Zokkel Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 19:04)psysfaction Wrote: Apparently it has one HDMI port that does 4k at 60hz

Yes, but this is Skylake: so no 10-bit x265 support either.
I'd go for the cheaper Brasswell version.
If you want future proof, wait a little more for Apollo Lake.

That's what I thought...
I'm happy with my Beebox Braswell for now and I'll wait until Apollo Lake or something better will come with all the features we need for future 4k media playback :-)
I couldn't wait, as its like any furture tech, I could wait for another 6 months and get some better..but.

So I grabbed the wifi version off newegg..
then got a i5 with 16g of ram coming..
Got a hard drive here to get it kicked over when it comes but of course will drop a ssd into it.

I kinda just like the form factor of it so will play and report back how it goes .

Edits: should only be a week away and can get the build going.. had to order it through a US shipping agent as newegg wouldn't take my Aus CC card..
Gone a bit over board on industrial ssds as been hanging and reading through a few forums and these are a bargain..
SSD PM863 SATA 960GB
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262532387372

Keep an eye on this seller if you are interested in snapping up one of these as he brings more to market..by all accounts, other that have brought are showing low read/writes on them.

Also grabbed one of these..
Intel S3710 Dell R730, R720, R620, R630 Series Enterprise MLC 400GB SSD

eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322183834004

If you keep an eye out you can grab these cheaper then this price..seems they can go for as low as $US170..

It's pushed up the build somewhat but I can always use these SSDs somewhere else if I feel the need..
Can't wait for the box to turn up..CPU and RAM have been sitting here for a week ready... Big Grin
(2015-07-14, 12:12)ciaran75 Wrote: doesn't sound to promising for 4k

there's simply no way the Beebox is 4K ready. The N3000's results were comparable to desktop Braswell boards thanks to the Beebox's dual-channel memory and at best it can handle high bitrate 1080p Blu-ray content.

We couldn't get the advertised 4K playback to run smoothly and high-bit rate 1080p seems to be the limit. The power button on our review unit would often get stuck turn the PC off

I was wondering how you managed to get the button to "un-stick" - I've been using the Beebox for a few months now and has been going reasonably well until Windows 10 decided it didn't like something and came up with an error relating to the UEFI settings and refused to budge, so reinstalled the OS, but in the interim with numerous hard resets required because the stupid thing would refuse to boot caused the button to stick and now it won't release from the depressed position...
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)3