Desperate for help installing Kodibuntu
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wl34qsoe17z45...2.iso?dl=0
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
also just a side note libreelec seems to work just fine for me the install procedure is very minimal, fast and smooth no issues..... but I would love to see what you are talking about

sorry i never provided you with my specs:

NUC5i7RYH

16GB RAM

250GB SSD

yes I know its overkill but hey why not?
kodibuntu won't run on this hardware anyways (it's too old and outdated) - if you want to go the buntu route, check that thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
fritsch what hardware are you talking about?? my NUC? its intel's latest mini pc kits less than a year old are you sure we are talking about the same thingHuh

ubunu installs with no issues and i am able to install kodi using the ubuntu app manager. Runs like a dream.....

I decided to try installing kodibuntu and I ran into the same issue the OP was talking about where you can only see the continue button while going through the install procedure...

So if you want to install a bare bones operating system on your NUC with no strange issues during the installation process i reccomend libreelec or openelec......

Some people run into dependencies issues with the version of kodi running on openelec and seem to have no issues at all running libreelec....

BUT I MAY BE MISTAKEN

are you saying the link to the version of kodibuntu he provided is outdated and the software is too oldHuh? If so then I owe you an apology and I am really confused here... I tried the link you provided and it looks like they are talking about installing krypton and isnt that still in betaHuh Is it not stable as of yet?? I am still new to all this compared to most experts so please correct me if I am wrong. Also I saw a similar procedure in the link you provided for people trying to install plex with the same admin permissions as kodi like shutting down and restarting etc. sounds like its heading in the right direction for what I want to accomplish but in reality I was just looking for a simple GUI for installing Kodibuntu and the closest thing to it so far is libreelec....... Unless you know something that I dont......
_kodibuntu_ is too old for your new hardware. The kernel and GFX stack is from a time when your hardware still didn't exist, there kodibuntu doesn't support it, unless you update it to the latest ubuntu hardware enablement stack(kernel and mesa). If you can at least get kodibuntu installed and see a console, it can be made to work. If it doesn't even install, current kodibuntu is not an option for you.
Are you sure though that the updated version I have won't work?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-28, 10:31)nickr Wrote: Are you sure though that the updated version I have won't work?

I didn't notice your post about an updated version. It could work, if the drivers and kernel are new enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Desperate for help installing Kodibuntu0