Android picture size on video
I must say sorry if this has been covered before.

I am using a mobie dazzle box s805 running Android 4.4.2
I have loaded xbmc version 14.0 and everything is ok.
On the same box I have loaded kodi version 14.2 and then 15.0 . 14.2 now removed.
The problem is play some movies and tv shows. Whilst they work ok on xbmc they are less than quarter size and near the top left. So if you try change view mode and/or zoom the picture is distorted.

I am playing back via hdmi to a Samsung tv.

If I play on XBMC they play full size.

In kodi I have gone into system settings but can not change display mode it is set as "windowed"

Any help would be very welcome.

Roger
Do a little searching on S805 and maybe quarter size video or something like it. There have been threads in the last few weeks.
Hi thanks for reply. As I explained the picture is correct size when I use xbmc 14.0 it is only in 14.2 or 15.0 that I have the problem. I have checked the s805 and that is all ok.

Thanks
Roger
Try going into Settings -> Videos -> Video acceleration

and only turn off the amlogic codec one, but leave mediacodec turned on.
Hi Ned.
Thank you so much so easy when you know. Great.

Roger
Hi Ned. I did what you said and that makes my video choppy and cause a new problem of audio drop out. When I engage the coding again the sound comes back but the video is zoomed. I can't have one without the other. Thank you for your help
Amlogic was not a choice but amcodec is. When I uncheck amcodec the video goes normal, choppy but normal but the audio drops out after a few seconds of play. Both devices I have do this. S805 mbox. I'm plugged in to Ethernet and am using kodi 15.1 alpha
Also once I uncheck the amcodec accelerator the sound drops out but while the video is playing if I go into the sound settings and click either stereo up is or sound pass through the sound comes back and works until the video is finished. Dropping out only one more time usually. But I can't tell my friends how t o do this for every single thing they watch. Thanks for your help
Ok guys I figured it out. The problem has nothing to do with kodi. It is the s805 video settings. The MXQ Amlogic s805 entertainment box comes pre programmed to 720p-60hz, try changing the setting to 1080p-60hz that did it for me on all the boxes I purchased! There is no need to mess with the kodi settings but you must change the box display settings. Hope this helps
Mongo, if I'm not mistaken that was the solution that I thought might be found if the OP checked recent threads. I'd forgotten what it was, but recalled it was an android settings thing.
Oh I don't doubt it's on here a million times but I couldn't find it and it wasn't mentioned in this thread. Please forgive my noobneas just trying to help. I wish it was posted here would have saved me half a day. It was a setting with this specific amalogic box. I bought 2 from someone and they did not have this problem. Same box. But I found these for $47 on Amazon and after years of cracking Apple TV 2's I love this box. I'm going to buy a usb antenna for better range as that part could use improvement. Any suggestion to increasing the box antenna range through sub options would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!
I'm not too sure about your being able to add a better wireless adapter via USB. I guess it would depend on Android recognizing it... it does seem to work fine for other 802.11 wireless devices like air mouse, keyboard, etc. receivers, at least on the S802 based one I have. Good luck!
@ roger allen, as you had a problem Searching for the correct answer maybe change the thread title to:

Android AMlogic S805 picture size problem

This is so the Forum search function will actually pick it up next time for someone else, particularly for all the AMlogic owners.
Smile

Mobie Dazzle s805 android amlogic.............. Had exactly the same problem but the box was set to auto detect hdmi, which set it @1080p_60hz, I unselected the auto detect and set it @ 720_60hz this did the trick and video playback is working perfect. If I could suggest a thread title with '' picture size problem on video playback'' included it would make finding the solution to this frustrating problem a little easier.
As you guys have discovered, you get what you pay for in regards to Firmware for these cheap Android devices.

This is actually a Firmware issue.
If you are happy with a 1080p player displaying stuff at 720p then so be it.

The Freaktab website may have some Firmware that works if you venture over there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
picture size on video0