• 3(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
Who cares what works in win8.1. Use a proper OS like linux.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I care!
I need to run kodi in Windows, because in this HTPC there are other apps that only run on Windows.
Like?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Like uTorrent, Dropbox, one virtual machine.
uTorrent - Windows, MAC, Linux and Android
Dropbox - Windows, MAC, Linux and Android
One virtual machine - never heard of it
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Again ir doen't work ?

From www.technikaffe.de/ review i see this user comment

"However, for me does not work the remote control. I have on my old HTPC (Win 8.1 + Kodi) my Logitech Harmony to the MCE Keyboard used profile.
Under OpenELEC the NUC here doing nothing but. Do I need to use a different profile?"

2)So the lack of dual channel ram is not so important for 4k ?
2) it probably needs more testing but it starts to look like that...
(2015-07-13, 21:48)wanthd Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 21:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 18:00)wanthd Wrote: Premium Audio is HD Audio? Anyone tested if Braswell works with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?

marketing jibberish. Braswell bitstreams HD audio just fine, many people have tested it

Braswell can passthrough HD Audio (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) even on Windows 8.1?
Passthrough HD Audio didn't work on old baytrail (J1900/J2900) on Windows 8.1.

I'm interested in buy a Asrock N3150-ITX, but i have this doubt about the HD Audio.

I own this board. DTS-HD / TrueHD works fine ... but only tested on linux. Would not use Windows voluntarily.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-14, 11:17)wanthd Wrote: Like uTorrent, Dropbox, one virtual machine.
there are torrent clients for linux, many of them. Dropbox and virtual machines work fine on linux.
which linux distribution would you recommend for Kodi? I am a lifelong windows user and avoided linux completely so far.
Besides Kodi I want to use Chrome/Youtube and have it set up as a plex server. Will that work with Linux?

Cheers!
Kodi has a YouTube add-on. Chromium is available on OpenELEC. Including DRM content like Netflix. Not sure about Plex server on OpenELEC, but it certainly runs on any Ubuntu derivative.
I personally prefer PCLinuxOS Mate Edition instead of any of the many Ubuntu based distros out there. I personally can not stand ubuntu and the way it does things compared to PCLinuxOS. I find PCLinusOS a lot easier to user. And since its all linux you can easily try a few different distros and find one that fits you best

Virutalbox works perfectly fine on Linux. Chrome is also in the PCLinuxOS Repos as well as chromium so thats no problem. KODI is in there as well so you can easily get that installed and working.
The good thing about ubuntu (and I agree with what you say about them) is that kodi has settled on ubuntu as their standard release platform, so there are ppas for stable, nightly, beta versions etc. This alone makes me stick with mint (ubuntu derivative) on my laptop.
ASRock releases N3150DC-ITX, a DC powered N3150-ITX. Curious about the price but looks like the perfect DIY alternative to the Beebox.

FanlessTech Wrote:The Q1900DC-ITX N3150DC-ITX rocks a quad-core N3150 with a diminutive 6W TDP (perfect for full passive cooling), excellent connectivity (3 video outputs, numerous USB and SATA ports), and comes with a 65W power adapter. Finally the perfect Braswell motherboard?

Source: http://www.fanlesstech.com/2015/07/asroc...wered.html

Given the price difference between the Q1900-ITX and the Q1900DC-ITX I would expect a premium of around €30...
(2015-07-17, 21:47)oWarchild Wrote: ASRock releases N3150DC-ITX, a DC powered N3150-ITX. Curious about the price but looks like the perfect DIY alternative to the Beebox.

FanlessTech Wrote:The Q1900DC-ITX N3150DC-ITX rocks a quad-core N3150 with a diminutive 6W TDP (perfect for full passive cooling), excellent connectivity (3 video outputs, numerous USB and SATA ports), and comes with a 65W power adapter. Finally the perfect Braswell motherboard?

Source: http://www.fanlesstech.com/2015/07/asroc...wered.html

Given the price difference between the Q1900-ITX and the Q1900DC-ITX I would expect a premium of around €30...

Yes this board looks perfect to me - can't wait to get one and stick it into this case.

Nice upgrade to my long running Acer Revo R3610.

Anyone know when the ASRock N3150DC-ITX is available in the UK ?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3