expert help
Hello looking for some help please, recently heard from a friend about KODI and thought about buying a Android box with the software already installed however was told by different friend that if I had an old laptop I could use that and save me some money and install the software myself. So after watching many of helpful youtube vids on how to do this dragged out my laptop and gave it a dust down booted it up and updated everything before installing KODI with the add ons and how to send cache to the hard drive rather than KODI itself. So here is my dilemma I'm finding it hard to stream any type of movie/programs with out it constantly buffering the vids to such an extent its unwatchable. So am really just wanting to know could it be my laptop that is struggling with KODI is it not powerful enough as I stream HD movies through my XBone/PS4 with no worries my internet speed test shows 5.5 Mb/s and the laptop I'm using is a ASUS X5DC Windows 7 4GB RAM 320GB Hard Drive Webcam Intel Celeron D220 or shall I go out and buy a Android box with the software already installed. Anyhow's thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated and pleas be gentle with the reply as I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. Cheers
Buying an android box with kodi preinstalled would be the last thing I would do. Those thingys are mostly full blown with banned and illegal addons....

I assume you have those addons already as you said:

Quote:...updated everything before installing KODI with the add ons ...

So I would first read the Forum Rules and especially the banned addons part. If you are using those addons from that list, you won't get any support for them. In no way...even if you ask in a different way Wink. If you don't have those banned addons installed, please tell us, which addon gave you the issue. If you have local files (or on a NAS) then get us a Debug Log and we'll see how far we can get.

In the first, if would be nice if you would provide some more specs of your laptop. The GPU ist most important.
Lets start at the beginning. How are you connecting the laptop to the network? Cable or Wifi?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
expert help0