support for LAV audio decoder - this includes HD audio codecs & great features!
if you guys added in support for LAV filters audio decoder, things like DTS, DTS-MA, TrueHD, and other audio support would be added instantaneously -- at least for users who know how to set it up.

Id LOVE to use KODI more, but right now, MPC-HC + popcorntime gives me a lot better streaming support -- simply because of LAV audio filters.

there is a DTS decoder and TrueHD that is native to LAV filters...

and for users versed in acquiring HD content -- there is a DTSdecoderdll.dll that can enable even FULL HD playback ON ANALOG 5.1 SOUND CARDS!!! no bitstreaming required!

I realize you guys use PulseAudio, ALSA,

but I dare to say, at least on windows and possibly linux too the pure quality, neat clean code, efficiency, and extensibility the LAV audio decoder has would be of IMMENSE benefit to a program like this. even if it was only optional, it would be GREAT for users to have the choice to use it.

I know it would be a pain to integrate different video renderers like madVR, LAV video decoder, FFDSHOW, but I dare to say using just the LAV audio filter alone has great benefits, and is a lot easier.

all of these things are free and open source, so you'd have the ability to tweak, modify, and redistribute all of it freely with no issues -- and its rather complete so it would require very little effort other than a little code to integrate into the project.

I truly hope you consider this request.
FFmpeg 2.7 includes libdcadec, the same library LAV uses to decode HD audio, so you'll just have to wait for the next FFmpeg version bump for Kodi after Isengard.
Try here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
support for LAV audio decoder - this includes HD audio codecs & great features!0