• 51(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
No, I didn't. In fact, I don't know if I will because after recompiling a kernel, I am now able to use tvheadend, which is perfect for me. Anyway, I'm also thinking about an XBMC problem, or cmyth. At the moment, I tried a lot of things so I think I'll wait until the 10.05 release. As MythTV 0.23 is now out for a few months, there should be a fix so on. Thank you for your support.
julienzch Wrote:No, I didn't. In fact, I don't know if I will because after recompiling a kernel, I am now able to use tvheadend, which is perfect for me. Anyway, I'm also thinking about an XBMC problem, or cmyth. At the moment, I tried a lot of things so I think I'll wait until the 10.05 release. As MythTV 0.23 is now out for a few months, there should be a fix so on. Thank you for your support.

Hi julienzch,

i intalled the latest mythbuntu (Mythbuntu 10.04 - only compatible with MythTV 0.23 systems) as backend and get it to work after an while Smile

after that, i tried to implement the frontend to my atv with xbmc, but i can not open any channels in the channel list , the system freezes.

In the xbmc.log i get the same messages as you get:
"DEBUG: Process - MythTV event UNKNOWN (error?)"

does this mean that xbmc and this version of mthtv is incompatible?

I'm searching for an esay solution how to look and record live tv through the atv. Can you tell me what tvheadend is? is it easier to install as mythtv?
can you give me a link where to find? thanks in advance
Um this thread is related:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82015
I know this is quite the thread resurrection, but I have found some (new) issues with MythTV and XBMC.

It seems that, in the lead-up to 0.24, the backend protocol has changed to require a security PIN to be passed (among other things) before a connection can complete. Obviously, this is problematic.

The thing is, libcmyth is not supported by the Myth devs (in fact, they seem to take a very dim view on anyone using it), and it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Looks like it's back to Samba mounts for me, for now at least.
Anaerin Wrote:It seems that, in the lead-up to 0.24, the backend protocol has changed to require a security PIN to be passed (among other things) before a connection can complete. Obviously, this is problematic.

The thing is, libcmyth is not supported by the Myth devs (in fact, they seem to take a very dim view on anyone using it), and it hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Yes, it is a known problem that the Myth Protocol was changed to require a token that matches the requested version number of the protocol. Personally I'm not sure why it's needed, but it is... The ProgramInfo object returned changed a lot so libcmyth will need some time spent on it to get that sorted - or we'll start using the MythXML API.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV_PVR_Addon
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
dteirney Wrote:Yes, it is a known problem that the Myth Protocol was changed to require a token that matches the requested version number of the protocol. Personally I'm not sure why it's needed<...>
It is needed precisely because of what you describe next:
Quote:The ProgramInfo object returned changed a lot so libcmyth will need some time spent on it to get that sorted <...>
I'm not a Myth dev, but I follow them pretty closely - and they most definitely do not have anything against libcmyth or similar concepts. In fact, they would like to see more of them. It is very simple: the token was added because if someone tries to use libcmyth in its current state, it will cause problems. That is the only reason that the devs "take a dim view" of it. The further behind something like libcmyth falls, the more problems it causes. Without the token to insure compatibility, people will encounter problems and continue to come (as they have in the past) to the MythTV community and claim there is a bug.

Marc
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1