• 49(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
To use MythTv as a recorder and XBMC as your library, use my tool BashSExx. It runs as a MythTv job and will rename your files to be used with XBMC's library.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63510
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
okay, thanks for the reply.
Will wait and hope that the patch solves the problem once it is integrated
I LOVE xbmc, but how exactly do you install mythtv as backend? I would like to view my live TV.

Can I install Mythbuntu, without the front-end, and with gnome, and then install xbmc, and use mythTV that was installed with Mythbuntu?

Or am I at the wrong track here?
the best think to (i think) is to install ubuntu 9.10 an install mythtv from repository.

i try to get a unique frontend (xbmc) and be able to schedule records/ watch liveTV etc...

It seems that the integrated mythtv support in XBMC doesn't not allow to schedule records (it's a shame..).

May be a solution is to swap from mythtv frontend & xbmc etc... with a remote button.
NorDemoniac Wrote:I LOVE xbmc, but how exactly do you install mythtv as backend? I would like to view my live TV.

Can I install Mythbuntu, without the front-end, and with gnome, and then install xbmc, and use mythTV that was installed with Mythbuntu?

Or am I at the wrong track here?

For a machine that will be a dedicated HTPC that will contain both the TV tuner and run XBMC I think it would be best to start with Mythbuntu. Setting up MythTV is much more difficult than XBMC and Mythbuntu helps things in that regard. Note that Mythbuntu uses XFCE as the window manager not Gnome, so if you need Gnome for some reason then probably start with Ubuntu instead.

And yes, you will still need to schedule recordings using either mythfrontend on that or another machine (what we do), or via a web browser using MythWeb.

If all you want to do is view Live TV, then you may want to look at the VDR or tvheadend integration as LiveTV channel changing through XBMC talking to MythTV can be very slow.
nunu Wrote:the best think to (i think) is to install ubuntu 9.10 an install mythtv from repository.

i try to get a unique frontend (xbmc) and be able to schedule records/ watch liveTV etc...

It seems that the integrated mythtv support in XBMC doesn't not allow to schedule records (it's a shame..).

May be a solution is to swap from mythtv frontend & xbmc etc... with a remote button.

Integrated Myth TV support for scheduling recordings through XBMC will be done once the PVR add-on work is complete.

I use Mythbuntu with XBMC installed on that machine. We either use mythfrontend on another machine or the web interface to schedule recordings.
dteirney : thanks for the information, i was not aware of PVR integration into XBMC with tvhead. It seems to be what i'am looking for.

Juste to install thhead and comil the right xbmc branche.

Thanks alot
dteirney : thanks for the information, i was not aware of PVR integration into XBMC with tvhead. It seems to be what i'am looking for.

Juste to install thhead and comil the right xbmc branche.

Thanks alot
I hope DVBviewers server also will work! Works fine today for live/tvrecordings but would like to have full support for epg, scheduling recordings and so on...
I am running xbmc on Mythbuntu 9.10. I am running Mythbackend on the same machine as well. I am using a Hauppauge HD-PVR as my recording device. All the TV channels are configured correctly in Mythfrontend and the EPG works beautifully in Mythfrontend.

For obvious reasons, I would like to use xbmc as the frontend to connect to my Mythbackend. The Mythtv frontend has been added to Videos section of my xbmc using myth:// protocol.

When I go to the Guide in xbmc, I see all the channels listed. However, clicking on a channel gets xbmc whirling and then finally it crashes.Eek

Anybody else has the same problem? Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
kmallick2000 Wrote:I am running xbmc on Mythbuntu 9.10. I am running Mythbackend on the same machine as well. I am using a Hauppauge HD-PVR as my recording device. All the TV channels are configured correctly in Mythfrontend and the EPG works beautifully in Mythfrontend.

For obvious reasons, I would like to use xbmc as the frontend to connect to my Mythbackend. The Mythtv frontend has been added to Videos section of my xbmc using myth:// protocol.

When I go to the Guide in xbmc, I see all the channels listed. However, clicking on a channel gets xbmc whirling and then finally it crashes.Eek

Anybody else has the same problem? Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Some people have had some had some similar problems. Best I can tell it's related to how many channels there are. Hard to tell without a debug log though. Please paste a link to one.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
Hi, can someone please point me in the direction of the svn for this fork?

The URL in the wiki: http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...nified-pvr returns the error "Doesn't exist".

I've been to the usual place but I can only see the 'normal' xbmc code.

EDIT: No worries, found it at "pvr-testing2" instead of "unified-pvr". (I think ;-) )
Hello all. On xbmc r29737...from a few days ago...the myth:// protocol no longer works with latest mythtv (im running mythtv 0.23-fixes svn from a few days ago). It seems that cmyth lib needs to be updated to recognize the newer mythtv protocol. heres the output i see when opening xbmc and going into the mythtv video source:

Code:
(cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 56
(cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 56, got version 56
(cmyth)__cmyth_rcv_proginfo: got recording info
(cmyth)cmyth_mysql_get_chanlist: rows= 186
(cmyth)cmyth_connect: cannot resolve hostname 'Core'
(cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect_file: cmyth_connect(Core, 6543, 16384) failed

If there is any other info that may help fix this...please let me know and ill be more then happy to provide it. Id really like to get this working again Big Grin
I just updated to 0.23 from 0.21 after the HD in my HTPC got mangled by a hard power outage. Damned compact flash...

All of my previous recordings played back fine, but not new ones. The error message seems to suggest that the hostname of the backend can't be found.

Can you try putting a DNS mapping into your hosts file to the IP address of the backend and see if that works. That has worked for my new recordings ... if only something didn't delete the cards out of MythTV I would have more to test with.

I hate upgrades because something always breaks!

I'll look more into this later. I don't know what is going on for me because the name of the host not being found is the machine name when I upgraded. I have changed the machine name since and it's still using the old one...
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
Well his log does say that it fails too lookup the hostname "Core" which i presume is his myth backend machine. So i bet just adding that to his DNS or host file will solve the issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1