Req Disable Autoupdate for individual add-ons
In general, I haven't had issues with allowing add-ons to update as new versions are released. However, I'm a heavy Youtube watcher, and the add-on hasn't worked properly for me since 5.1.3 (on OpenELEC & Ubuntu). I'm stuck between rolling back to that version every day, or manually checking for updates to everything else.
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
I like this idea. It would make the rollback feature a lot more usable. Maybe even tie it to the rollback feature somehow.
+1, I also like this idea.

My wife is Chinese (I am not) and likes to watch Chinese TV series via the YouTube add-on. Those TV series can only be found properly by entering the search in Chinese characters.
Modifying a few lines of the YouTube add-on will make Chinese keyboard entry (from Chinese addons) available in the YouTube add-on.

Since the YouTube add-on updates frequently and overwrites my modifications in the process I need to repeat those just as often to keep my wife happy.

Changing the Kodi soft keyboard to allow Chinese character entry in general would be a solution to my particular problem. I do not believe that this idea will have too many friends among developers and users though.

So “Disable Autoupdate for individual add-ons” would be good.
(2015-06-17, 14:58)ulibuck Wrote: +1, I also like this idea.

My wife is Chinese (I am not) and likes to watch Chinese TV series via the YouTube add-on. Those TV series can only be found properly by entering the search in Chinese characters.
Modifying a few lines of the YouTube add-on will make Chinese keyboard entry (from Chinese addons) available in the YouTube add-on.

Since the YouTube add-on updates frequently and overwrites my modifications in the process I need to repeat those just as often to keep my wife happy.

Changing the Kodi soft keyboard to allow Chinese character entry in general would be a solution to my particular problem. I do not believe that this idea will have too many friends among developers and users though.

So “Disable Autoupdate for individual add-ons” would be good.

Maybe i misunderstood, but IMO there's no need to "hack-replace" something as Kodi can handle multiple OSD layouts. You can switch them around from within the OSD Keyboard.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-06-17, 15:54)mkortstiege Wrote: Maybe i misunderstood, but IMO there's no need to "hack-replace" something as Kodi can handle multiple OSD layouts. You can switch them around from within the OSD Keyboard.

Thank you for your response. I am aware that the Kodi OSD can be switched to any language, including Chinese.

The point is entering text in Chinese characters by the pinyin input method.

Here is a screen shot to explain what it is.

"北京" for example will give better search results (at least in my wife's view) in the YouTube add-on than giving it "beijing".

To my best knowledge pinyin input is only available in Kodi in the mentioned Chinese addons.

See also Chinese keyboard addon module
(2015-06-17, 07:46)Ned Scott Wrote: I like this idea. It would make the rollback feature a lot more usable. Maybe even tie it to the rollback feature somehow.

it always was. roll back an addon, it's frozen at that version, no autoupdates should be performed. any other behavior is a regression.
(2015-06-19, 14:44)ironic_monkey Wrote:
(2015-06-17, 07:46)Ned Scott Wrote: I like this idea. It would make the rollback feature a lot more usable. Maybe even tie it to the rollback feature somehow.

it always was. roll back an addon, it's frozen at that version, no autoupdates should be performed. any other behavior is a regression.
wasn't it that you would freeze auto update for that specific version?

you auto update to 1.1
you rollback to 1.0
you stay at 1.0 until 1.2 is released and you update to that version

note:i could be totally off on this and misunderstood how it was designed to work.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-17, 04:10)dgrayfromdc Wrote: In general, I haven't had issues with allowing add-ons to update as new versions are released. However, I'm a heavy Youtube watcher, and the add-on hasn't worked properly for me since 5.1.3 (on OpenELEC & Ubuntu). I'm stuck between rolling back to that version every day, or manually checking for updates to everything else.
Not the feature you're looking for (which sounds a good idea), but if you edit the youtube addon.xml to change the version number (make it higher than what's in the repo) and install from zip it shouldn't update again.
Obviously you'd need to reverse that when you actually want to update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Autoupdate for individual add-ons1