Macromedia Flash (SWF) and Adobe Flash Video (FLV)
Lightbulb 
i would really love to see support for flash animations and games for the xbmc. i love looking at flash animations online and i would love to be able to download them and put them on my xbox and view them at any time especially on the tv. i am really surprised that this has not been mentioned yet and not on the to-do list.
it has been mentioned for xbmp many times, but the problem is that thzere isn't a good open source flash viewer we can use.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i have a large collection of swf files on my computer. but as lazy and convinient i am, i would like to watch them on my xbox instead.
i know it's a difficult thing to do, but it would be totally awesome!

love your work with the xbmc!
i agree but is that what a media player is for? maybe!!!

personaly i have a large amount of flash stuff myself (joe cartoon etc) but i think i would prefer to see xbmc rival or better windows media player first..
i personally would love to sit down at my tv, grab some ginger-ale and watch a marathon session of strongbad. i even tried to use some flash->avi convertors i found on the internet with the intention of making a dvd, but they were all crap when it came to anything that had actionscript. by which i mean not only interactive stuff (which is a big *duh* in terms of supporting via an automated program) but also stuff that wasn't. like skipping over a bunch of frames. the video came out fine but the audio became unsynced.

i think someone actually requested this feature before, maybe for xbmp, but it was turned down on the basis that there aren't any good open-source flash libraries. which is kinda true (i only found one, and it hadn't been worked on for a while) but even a mediocre one would be better than nothing.
1. there are no good opensource flash libraries
2. even if there was, i think there are lots of features requests which have a higher priority

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
if you users want to see this then you should lobby thatcher ulrich and/or ignacio castaño to port gameswf into an xbox lib
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
cool... they do seem to have an xbox port in plan too.  :d

as a sidenote; if this was indeed ported to xbox and then ported into xbmc and made availble for the xbmc gui there could be some really useful stuff made as for improving usability. and ofcourse also cool bells & whistles stuff Image
Star 
it would be nice to use a fla or swf as a background or button in xbcm (for interface puposes).

dont u think so?
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
i already talked to turlich a couple of months ago and he was inetersted in flash support for xbmc, but his player was far away fmo perfect playback for most of the files. but his main goal was to invent an easy to use menu engine for games and apps (and a port for the xbox) anyway. i don't know how far he developed it in the last months (i am subscribed to the cvs mailinglist, but don't understand a word of whats going on there).

so maybe one day we can use it for menus.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(frodo @ jan. 20 2004,08:00 Wrote:1. there are no good opensource flash libraries
2. even if there was, i think there are lots of features requests which have a higher priority

frodo
what you wrote hullebulle, i would like nothing better, but i have to agree with frodo. and i'll just add that, only the day that it's pretty "easy" to add support in using a 3rd party flash player xbox port, it seems to me relevant.

maybe xboxmediaplayer.de could mention this as a posiblity for a future idea and do a "contest"...
Star 
will xbmc ever be able to play .swf files?
just think. xiaoxiao animations and strongbad e-mails on my tv.
that would be definitely cool, but i don't see how it would be possible right now. there's an open source projet to do a free swf player but it's far from being finished yet. maybe someday ...

http://www.openswf.org/
yeah maybe some day. but what about linking to a contest on some xbox scene pages and other places, on front page??

i have a few friends who are crazy enough to like joe cartoon.
was wondering if anyone would be intrested in the linux version of flash 4 source, would help ya's in making your own screensavers

http://www.swift-tools.net/flash/

tia :kickass:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macromedia Flash (SWF) and Adobe Flash Video (FLV)0