Macromedia Flash (SWF) and Adobe Flash Video (FLV)
hi,

ysbox has portet the gplflash swf decoding library to the xbox.

Quote:what's this?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a decoding library for macromedia flash™ animations, compiled for use
with homebrew applications compiled with the xdk.

due to the number of requests for flash support in linksboks, i've decided to
experiment a bit on this library and here's the result.

how well does it work?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the original library could play any file in the flash 4 format and below. tomas
groth included support for compressed swf files so that flash 6/7 files are
supposed to work. however, there's a lot of remaining limitations:

- no sound on xbox! because there's quite a lot of work to do, and it doesn't
 work so well in linux too; no compressed (mp3...) support. but it will happen
 one day, i hope.
- no videos.
- problems with semi-transparent jpeg files (visible in the happy tree friends,
 for example Wink
- no text boxes, etc.
- no real-time downloading support or socket access (as far as i know).
- graphic glitches and performance issues here and there.
- probably a lot more...

but a lot of animations do work very well, if not perfect.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/...fmcshd.php

you can find the xbox swfxplayer and sourcecode on the usual places.
hehe maybe some day we can find some pieces of the swfxplayer in xbmc ?
Thumbs Up 
i did a search for "flash" as well read the faq about support and found nothing on this topic, so i felt i should say something...

i am a homebrew fan of the dreamcast, have been since 1999.  it's a nice little machine that can do a lot.  however it is #2 on my list to my xbox.

i was pleased when i went on consolevision and saw that someone ported simple flash support to the dreamcast.  a start, which is great.  he did a lot of great stuff to it and it was fun testing it.

his source is public and so is the other information he used to build it.  all legal, all legit.  it is at:  http://www.sch3rz0.com/dcflash/

so the question is...  can it be added to xbmc?  there are many great flash goodies and i would love to be able to take them to my xbox.

thanks,

chris
i would like flash support as well
flash support im xbmc, imagine the skins Smile
i did search on "flash" but did only find topics related to the bios, so my question is if the media center in the future will play flash files.

sorry for my bad spelling.
http://swift-tools.net/flash/ could be a starting point....
Sad 
hello!

when we could expect support for flash (.swf) files?
i mean, xbox is so close to pc... is it so hard to make something like swiff player for pc? (http://www.globfx.com/products/swfplayer/)
yah its been requested alot.. i got a flash movie player in the bins and all it can do is play movie.swf without sound or control.
is there a better one than that out yet?
is there enough sources yet?

that wood be pretty cool to have a built in flash player in the xbmc even if it doesnt work all that great.
(billcow @ jan. 20 2004,06:21 Wrote:i personally would love to sit down at my tv, grab some ginger-ale and watch a marathon session of strongbad. i even tried to use some flash->avi convertors i found on the internet with the intention of making a dvd, but they were all crap when it came to anything that had actionscript. by which i mean not only interactive stuff (which is a big *duh* in terms of supporting via an automated program) but also stuff that wasn't. like skipping over a bunch of frames. the video came out fine but the audio became unsynced.

i think someone actually requested this feature before, maybe for xbmp, but it was turned down on the basis that there aren't any good open-source flash libraries. which is kinda true (i only found one, and it hadn't been worked on for a while) but even a mediocre one would be better than nothing.
hi there! recently i have found a nice programm that is flash to video encoder pro 3.3 by geovid. its nice program helps to create create your own video or dvd collection by converting with flash to video encoder your favourite flash movies. record the passing of your favorite flash game to video file and save it to the future and etc. also you able to convert flash swf files to mp4 media contnt for your mobile devices.
you can find it in google.
can xbmc play .swf files? i dont want to waste a dvd if it cant.
(heyburt @ sep. 02 2005,23:03 Wrote:can xbmc play .swf files? i dont want to waste a dvd if it cant.
no it can't.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
can someone make a plug in....
i have some flash video files (.flv extension). are these playable in xbmc? i was hoping maybe they were just windows media video in a new container but i suspect it may be an entirely new codec.
no, afaik we dont support flash video
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(pike @ sep. 24 2005,12:48 Wrote:no, afaik we dont support flash video
i did some googling. turns out flash video is based on the sorenson "spark" codec, if that helps anybody.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macromedia Flash (SWF) and Adobe Flash Video (FLV)0