KODI movies section problem
I am having problems with the movies section in KODI. Everything shows just fine in the videos section, but in the movies menu off of the home screen KODI says I have about 15% of what I actually have. In addition to that its stating one name for every sequel for a movie (IE a nightmare on elm street 1-6 all show as a nightmare on elm street 1). In addition remakes of movies will all show up as the same name as well (IE the original 1984 Dune, and the 2000 remake show as the same). I've gone to an amazing length to have everything show up in the movies section because being able to sort by year, director, actor, etc would be amazing. I spent many hours renaming every file I have to be named from the movie database in its own folder of the same name as the movie including the date it was released. Can anyone help me get this working?

I've rebuilt my entire database with no change, and I have an android smart tv box in the other room I'd like to get this working on as well.
A lot of info still missing. Basic question which version of Kodi are you using ? 14.0 had a lot of trouble seeing movies etc etc.
Are you using a 3rd party movie scrapper is that setup properly etc etc
Have you tried the addon missing movies scanner http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Missing_Movie_Scanner
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Naming video files/Movies (wiki) Don't get frustrated... you at least got 15% which is a heck of a lot more than my first run.For sure the movies that don't show up have either not been scraped properly or have been mistaken for something else. The date in brackets helps Kodi scrapers figure out which movie is which. Looking through the movie database on any particular listing, and you'll have multiple choices, when the name doesn't match 'exactly' it either picks the top listing (which in some cases is dead wrong) or just skips it, especially if you do this with multiple requests and your request times out.

Name your file folder 'A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) ' and inside throw the correct movie.
Name your file folder 'A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) ' and inside throw the correct movie.
Name your file folder 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) ' and inside throw the correct movie
Name your file folder 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) 'and inside throw the correct movie
Name your file folder 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) 'and inside throw the correct movie
Name your file folder' A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) 'and inside throw the correct movie

I use TheRenamer (wiki) a great program that will rename files to the proper nomenclature by checking the database, then created a folder of the same name with date (drag & drop easy) I can do hundreds of files in just minutes. Once this is done, a simple refresh of you source and the library gets filled up with 100% accuracy.

Yes it's a bit of work to keep up your library....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI movies section problem0