Req Implement synced airplay audio using shairport-sync
Shairport Sync emulates an AirPort Express for the purpose of streaming audio from iTunes, iPods, iPhones, iPads and AppleTVs. Audio played by a Shairport Sync-powered device stays synchronised with the source and hence with similar devices playing the same source.

Currently Kodi isn't able to synchronise audio with the source airplay device. This would enable using kodi as an audio player for videos from other devices.

shairport-sync: https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync
we are using libshairplay for our airtunes support and afaik the athor is also working on audio sync support. Once it is available it will be added to kodi.

Also shairport-sync only supports alsa (which is only available for linux) while libshairplay works on all our platforms.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Any updates on this?
Not that i know of - libshairplay wasn't altered by its author since january 2016
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok thanks, would have been nice to have synchronization support.
I get that Wink
Hi There , any news to this case?
I don't think it will ever happen from inside the team...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Implement synced airplay audio using shairport-sync0