XBMC Tool Kit?
A simple (and maybe stupid) question: there is a lib made by the XBMC project similar to a Tool Kit for made our own apps? (buttons, menus, message box... i supose the answer is "yes"). I'm thinking about to create an (almost) clone of iTunes and latter ask if people want to see it instead actual My Music area (i thought is not as perfect as it would be...), and i supose would be several people who want to create apps like me. It's not for tomorrow (i don't have the knowledges Tongue), but maybe in some months or in summer i would try to do something about.

And now, a little suggestion Tongue : what about make in the wiki a "developers faq" with questions like mine? SmileNerd
you mean like this?
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ource_code
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:you mean like this?
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ource_code

Just this Big Grin It seems the "library" it's not separate from principal XBMC code, is it? Do you have to download all the code and select the files by hand? Huh
let's start over. you completely lost me. what exactly are you trying to achieve? the library is a "window". its driven by a filesystem plugin which interfaces into the database.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
In short: i want to know what are the xbmc files that i have to link to have and independent application while using his gui architecture, so i don't have to reimplement it (buttons, list, textbox...). If Gimp develop GTK, XBMC would have developed something similar... Wink
guilib.

Unfortunately it's not fully self-contained, though you can probably reasonably easily remove the references into XBMC that you don't require.

The obvious starting point is the solution file in in tools/win32 (The PC version of XBMC).

You just want to use the GUI? This is a fools errand. It would be MUCH easier to use any existing GUI libraries like .NET, GTK, QT, whatever. But if you want to waste your time...

The GUI was written from scratch, mostly by jmarshall. The code for all the GUI elements are in the guilib folder. Most of the code in here handles all the low level things like putting stuff on the screen.

The code that makes them all work and "do things" is tangled up in the main application loop (application.cpp), the various window code (GUIWindow*.cpp), and the application messenger (applicationmessenger.cpp).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Tool Kit?0