Android Shut down issue
My android box came reinstalled with kodi, and everything worked great, when I clicked the power button in kodi, I was given all the power options such as 'shut down' 'reboot'. Kodi also requested super user access and it worked flawlessly. But I updated my kodi to the official one found on Google play, things were working really well, but I noticed that kodi did not request super user access like the pre installed one, and the power function did not work, the only option i was given was 'quit'. Please help Blush
Like me you had a custom version of kodi made from the box manufacturer. installing the official one we lost that personalization.
you can use a tasker (from Google Play) to force the shutdown of the box on kodi exit.
Peppe
i see that spmc has the ability to 'shut down' 'reboot'.
Peppe
the shutdown is a hack that requires root access. we didn't include it because we don't want to rely on hacks that rely on root
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yes you are right.
it was just for knowledge.
(2015-06-26, 09:29)Martijn Wrote: the shutdown is a hack that requires root access. we didn't include it because we don't want to rely on hacks that rely on root

Is there any way to enable this hack? I imagine it would be useful to have a option build into kodi to enable root access, the shutdown function is a vital part for my setup Sad
Not without recompiling the program. If you ask nicely, Koying might be willing to make (or might have already made) an SPMC based on v15.
yes he does

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shut down issue0