Bug Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working
I'm honestly not sure. I believe you guys when you say this issue exists, but it's very weird and specific. Not just hardware wise, but that other apps don't seem to be having a problem. Most of the google results I found were from late last year, so I can only speculate that Sony fixed the problem but did so in a way that didn't help Kodi, somehow.
As Ned points out, it's a too specific issue for me to spend time wild-guessing or for the foundation to invest (quite a lot) of money for such a device, so let's try to solve it in a collaborative way.

I see 3 options:

1) You guys peruse the internet for a programmatic fix for this issue, and link your findings here. If it's a quick and easy one, I can easily create test builds for you to assess the fix.

2) You guys hassle Sony with this issue, asking them to provide a fix, be it a firmware one or a programmatic solution.

3) If the above fails, I could organize a fundraising for you guys to provide me with a (ridiculously expensive Wink ) Z3+ (rather than Z4 because I could actually use a new phone Wink )
To avoid loosing time on a dead-end, I'd ask you to PM me "donation promises". If those reach, say, 50% of the price, I'd actually setup the fundraising.

Other options welcome.
Other option: you ask one of the users to lend a device to you - you fix the bug and return the device Wink (well just in case there is not enough funding for it and one of the users is willing to send the device around).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Maybe. Not convinced someone would be willing to lend his €700 device to a stranger AND to the post, though Wink
Not sure I'd want to take responsibility for it, either...
Does anyone know of any other apps that exhibit the same behaviour on those devices? So far Kodi is the only one I know of... more examples of the apps could be useful.
Kodi is one of the only apps that directly interfaces with the touch API i am pretty sure. Most apps are using standard android gui which handles touch events on its own.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Pretty sure most games would behave the same...
Hi. I am posting here because I believe that I can have some relevant information. Maybe not very useful for Kodi directly, but in general for Xperia users.

I just upgraded from a Xperia Z Tablet to the Z4 Tablet. And I was pretty happy with Kodi on my Z, so when I upgraded to the Z4 I decicded to get Kodi on Google Play. I was surprised to see that the app would not react to my touch input.

I removed it and downloaded 14.2 from kodi.tv (which I knew worked on my Z) and it had the same issue.

I tried 15 Beta 2 on my Z and that one worked fine, just like 14.2 did before.

I also have a Z2 phone (big fan of Sony mobiles) and there Kodi works fine with no touch input issues.

After playing around a bit with my Z4, I downloaded some games, among them Assassin's Creed Pirates. In this game I had the same problem as Kodi, the screen was not reacting to my touch input.
Greed Corp had the same issue.

I guess that for users experiencing this problem could try Assassin's Creed Pirates since it is F2P to see if they experience the same issue.

If the bug is there as well, I guess we can only hope that Sony will fix it soon. I posted on the official Sony Z4 Tablet forum for now as well.

The information online (as mentioned earlier) is pretty erratic, therefore I wanted to post my info here, in a more updated thread about the issue, even if it doesn't help with Kodi directly since the bug seems to be a bug on the tablet and not the app. I hope it helps at least identify the problem :-)
Please list as many apps or games that exhibit the same behavior here as this will be great help. Thanks.

I just tested and confirm that the touch screen does not work on Z4 tablet in Assasins Creed Pirates. What is strange though the screen does work on Xperia Z3+ in the same game. Both devices have the same SW compilation number.

With Kodi it did not work on both devices.

I was not able to check Greed corp as this is a paid app.
Today I managed to run Kodi 15.0 on my Sony z4 tablet with use of bluetooth keyboard,touch screen is still not working.
Another case of me too.
However, as I have some development experience and the needed device I would be perfectly happy to look into this.
Only I find myself unable to get a working build-environment for Kodi.
I tried Ubuntu (14 LTS) and Fedora (22). Will try to install Fedora 21 as a last resort but I'm not feeling hopefull about it.

Any tips here on how to get a decent build-environment? The wiki pages seem to be somewhat lacking in an actual working solution.

For now I've found BS Player to be somewhat of an alternative, but it doesn't come close to the awesomeness of Kodi Smile
Not sure if the Kodi people or Google people have been listening. I cannot install the Play version of Kodi on my Z4 tablet.

On the main screen in Play for the Kodi app I have an exclamation that "Your device isn't compatible with this version"
Confusion is just a state of mind.
Yep. The problematic Sony devices has been disabled until they fix their stuff.
I am about to buy a Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact and want to watch videos with Kodi. So if the touch screen with this device does not work with Kodi this would be a real showstopper for me.
Can anybody confirm that Kodi touch screen support works or does not work with the Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact? Which Kodi and Android version do you use on this tablet?
I'd really appreciate your feedback because I have just returned a Windows tablet which has also touch screen issues with Kodi (at least during FullScreenVideo mode)
Me too. Z4 tablet. Keyboard works. I really love my z4 btw.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working0