Bug Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working
Same issue for me. For those who can connect with a Bluetoth keyboard do you have try to configured another theme for exemple "Re-Touched" ?
Kodi - 18.4 on Nvidia Shield
That wouldn't make any difference ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think my Z4 Tablet is great in every way except I can't run Kodi on it. Sad

Is this posted by Sony yesterday of any help to find out what's causing this problem?

"Today the flagship devices Xperia Z3+, Xperia Z4 Tablet, and Xperia Z4 Tablet WiFi have been added to our Open Device project. With this addition, it is now possible for developers to build AOSP versions for the first Xperia devices based on the 64-bit Qualcomm© Snapdragon 810 processor."
http://developer.sonymobile.com/2015/08/...e-project/
Same problem with Z4 tablet.
I have the same problem with the z3+ phone. I have my doubts Sony will do anything about it unless thousands of people complain which is unlikely.
I also had this problem. For some reason sideloading kodi onto these new Sony models works fine. And it's the latest version, the same as the one on Google play. So it is possible for kodi to run fine on these Sony's. Prior to this I wrote to Sony who showed zero interest and said it was up to kodi to fix it.
(2015-08-27, 10:55)Gmjh Wrote: I also had this problem. For some reason sideloading kodi onto these new Sony models works fine. And it's the latest version, the same as the one on Google play.

As far as I know you have always been able to start the app, the problem is that touch isn't registered. Are you saying everything is working now?
Yes. The sideloadad kodi works perfectly on my z3+
Was there a firmware upgrade in between your tries?
I can give it a try on my Z4 tablet. Just one question, in case it doesn't work how do I quit the app if touch isn't registered? Smile
No I had no upgrade on the sony itself. This thread is titled. 15.0. The version I sideloaded is 15.1.1. Am I allowed to post a link to it or is that banned? It seems to me that if 15.1.1 is working kodi can put it back on the Play store for everyone with these new Sony's.
I tried the kodi-15.1.1-Isengard-armeabi-v7a.apk from the download page. Touch still doesn't work on my Z4 tablet. I can still drag from the top/bottom to use the notification bar and Android buttons but nothing in the app itself is registered.

Btw, the splashscreen when launching the app says 15.2.
Well, pretty sure nothing was changed on touch handling between 15.0 and 15.1.1, so just surprised that it started to work miraculously.
Furthermore, 15.1.1 *is* the current Play Store version, and is also the current version in http://kodi.tv/download/
The official download from the kodi site doesn't work for me either. I'll post the link to the one I sideloaded which does work. http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?...hilit=Kodi
Meh. Do you mean the apk you downloaded from there works and not the one from kodi.tv?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 - sony touch screen not working0