Kodi eventually fills up onboard storage.
I've programmed a bunch of kodi setups to different fire tv boxes and through general use most of them eventually fill up the device to where it becomes unusable and it constantly shows the storage warning. I have an addon linked to the main library so that I can add content from the addon to my main library and it seems that it is filling up the thumbnail folders. I have one unit that has like 5 gigs of thumbnails. Is there a way to clear this stuff?
delete the thumbnails folder and the textures13 database file.
You should check Texture cache maintenance utility
(2015-06-29, 15:25)lowridin_guy Wrote: delete the thumbnails folder and the textures13 database file.

Is there a way to restore some of the thumbnails.
let me know if you found a solution, i am having the same problem...
Thumbnails should regenerate on their own. The script that kyungrak mentions has an option to force that regeneration if it's not happening for some reason or you want to pre-cache the thumbnails all at once, instead of as you go and view videos.
i followed a tutorial were it allowed me to move the thumbnail files to an external usb, it helped a bit but i still have 4gb used of total of 5gb, i believe is an addon that i have that is downloading .strm files to my ftv, im just wondering if i could move those files to an external as well.
(2015-06-29, 23:46)robledjl Wrote: i followed a tutorial were it allowed me to move the thumbnail files to an external usb, it helped a bit but i still have 4gb used of total of 5gb, i believe is an addon that i have that is downloading .strm files to my ftv, im just wondering if i could move those files to an external as well.

Just create a folder on the external USB Drive for that add-on to use then point its library to that folder. you will then need to add that folder to your kodi libriary. FYI it prob not the STRM files they are all less then 1kb. You would need a ton of them to fill 4gb. Try the Maintenance Utility. It has some tools like deleting add-on data and old zip files that can free up space. Also it can clear the cache and thumbnail db in one addon. Its pretty useful. it can be found here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229652

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi eventually fills up onboard storage.0