• 6(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Thanks Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-07-01, 10:24)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks Mike.

I thank you as well sir for not only your help but for just being a nice guy in general ... Maybe it is just dealing with recent events with he who shall not be named but... anyway... moving on from that Wink quick tip that I just found out by trial and error Tongue if you change <onload>Skin.SetBool(firstrun4.0)</onload> to <onload>Skin.Reset(firstrun4.0)</onload> in the autoconfig include you can quickly test changes by just restarting Kodi. There may be an easier way but I haven't found it yet.
@MikeS,

you could put this in your keyboard.xml in userdata/keymaps and assign to which ever key you want if not F5

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
            <F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
            <F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideDebugInfo)</F7>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

You just press F5 then to reload the skin, very good for testing most changes, some don't seem to take affect with a full restat i.e. adding an addon

Mike.
(2015-07-01, 10:46)Mike_Doc Wrote: @MikeS,

you could put this in your keyboard.xml in userdata/keymaps and assign to which ever key you want if not F5

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
            <F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
            <F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideDebugInfo)</F7>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

You just press F5 then to reload the skin, very good for testing most changes, some don't seem to take affect with a full restat i.e. adding an addon

Mike.

The way it looks to me is that once set at startup you need to have code added elsewhere to alter the code by resetting the first run bool, just for debugging purposes, the changes will not take effect until the next startup resets them. At least in my admittedly brief experience playing with the skin, the only quick way I found to alter those settings without adding or changing too much code or deleting your guisettings file is to reset that bool on startup. Try changing line 791 to <onload>Skin.Reset(firstrun4.0)</onload> and line 760 to <onload>Skin.SetString(font_mainmenu,FFEB9E17)</onload> it should make the main menu font red when you restart. These settings are set as default so when you reload the skin those settings are already in the guisettings so they "shouldn't" Undecided change.
maybe you can add the different colored logos to the extra folder to git mike ? so everybody can change a fitting logo to his color scheme ?
i dont think its possible to make a selection in the menu... but manual changing should be okay too Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
will do S.
THX M. Rofl
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-07-01, 10:41)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 10:24)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks Mike.
Maybe it is just dealing with recent events with he who shall not be named but... anyway... moving on from that Wink

That made me laugh more than it should Lol.

On an other note, I still lose backgrounds panel for context menu or settings once in a while. I quit to window and restart Kodi and it's ok after, It's no biggie but for powerful device on openelec it means a reboot. I don't remember if it's a Kodi bug or a skin bug.
will take a look into it sarlian19.
when i use the skin after 10m-20m i have problem with the texture ... i need to go in system / appearance / skin / colors and change the color to the texture comeback ... am alone with this problem ? see the pictures

I haven't experience the background dropouts myself, but will add it to the list to check it out.

What OS are you on Maxcore?
sarlan19 & MaxCores problems are the same Wink
i have this problem since... before warlions mod i think - it appears a bit more in the beginning, after u start with a fresh nox 4 skin - it seems to me like a CACHE problem
i post already a "dirty" temp solution in shednox thread before:

install the COMMANDS addon ( i think its also in my addon pack ) and programm a command

XBMC.ReloadSkin()

this reload the skin ( u can edit your keyboard/remote with this command too ) - after that reload the panels are back again
for me, this problem appears much less after a while > problem is - its not reproducable ! so its realy realy hard ( or even impossible ) to fix it

but maybe team M find a magic fix... i cross my sweaty fingers ( its so warm in germany these days... )

(2015-07-01, 15:14)Mike_Doc Wrote: I haven't experience the background dropouts myself, but will add it to the list to check it out.

What OS are you on Maxcore?

mac os and openelec same problem i have not try in windows
(2015-07-01, 16:02)schimi2k Wrote: sarlan19 & MaxCores problems are the same Wink
i have this problem since... before warlions mod i think - it appears a bit more in the beginning, after u start with a fresh nox 4 skin - it seems to me like a CACHE problem
i post already a "dirty" temp solution in shednox thread before:

install the COMMANDS addon ( i think its also in my addon pack ) and programm a command

XBMC.ReloadSkin()

this reload the skin ( u can edit your keyboard/remote with this command too ) - after that reload the panels are back again
for me, this problem appears much less after a while > problem is - its not reproducable ! so its realy realy hard ( or even impossible ) to fix it

but maybe team M find a magic fix... i cross my sweaty fingers ( its so warm in germany these days... )

ok i will put this command on my remote but i hope the team find and fix this bug because the skin is amazing ! Wink
Sorry for the n00b questions, but I didn't readily see the answers....

1) What are the main differences between this and Shednox and this and Aeon Nox 4/5/6?
2) What version of Aeon Nox is this based off of?
3) I'm pretty sure of the answer, but is there any way to transfer my Shednox settings to Madnox?
4) Why can't this be installed like a "regular" skin?
5) Will this work with Helix?

Thanks for keeping the skin alive!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39