• 7(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Image[/img]

I've been racking my brain trying to fix this problem, its always blank whether in OSD screen or whenever it's on pause. Anyone else with this issue?
(2015-07-01, 18:57)jjdavola Wrote: Sorry for the n00b questions, but I didn't readily see the answers....

1) What are the main differences between this and Shednox and this and Aeon Nox 4/5/6?
2) What version of Aeon Nox is this based off of?
3) I'm pretty sure of the answer, but is there any way to transfer my Shednox settings to Madnox?
4) Why can't this be installed like a "regular" skin?
5) Will this work with Helix?

Thanks for keeping the skin alive!
no need for a sorry Smile
1. this is basicly a shednox based NOX 4 Mod with "some" updates ( new views, new icons, more genre icons, more updated studio icons, some new nice features like letter scroll info... and of course a lot of bugfixes - This is for power devices only ! u can run it on weaker player or android devices, but it will be realy slow - for those players the Mikesilvos Mod of nox 5 would be perfect ... it have a bit less eyecandy features ( yet ) but it runs a bit smoother on weaker devices ( but is a great mod too ! )

2. look at 1.
3. no u cant
4. because we dont have an own repository and such a mod will be never on an official repo ( and its based on an old code too )
5. it should be work on helix too
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-07-01, 19:03)peetee07 Wrote: Image

I've been racking my brain trying to fix this problem, its always blank whether in OSD screen or whenever it's on pause. Anyone else with this issue?

i think this pause mod is made for "poster" gfx - and it seems your screenshot is made of an youtube video - or a stream... i will check it again, but i think i have a "screenshot" of a streaming movie instead of an "poster"
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-07-01, 19:05)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 18:57)jjdavola Wrote: Sorry for the n00b questions, but I didn't readily see the answers....

1) What are the main differences between this and Shednox and this and Aeon Nox 4/5/6?
2) What version of Aeon Nox is this based off of?
3) I'm pretty sure of the answer, but is there any way to transfer my Shednox settings to Madnox?
4) Why can't this be installed like a "regular" skin?
5) Will this work with Helix?

Thanks for keeping the skin alive!
no need for a sorry Smile
1. this is basicly a shednox based NOX 4 Mod with "some" updates ( new views, new icons, more genre icons, more updated studio icons, some new nice features like letter scroll info... and of course a lot of bugfixes - This is for power devices only ! u can run it on weaker player or android devices, but it will be realy slow - for those players the Mikesilvos Mod of nox 5 would be perfect ... it have a bit less eyecandy features ( yet ) but it runs a bit smoother on weaker devices ( but is a great mod too ! )

2. look at 1.
3. no u cant
4. because we dont have an own repository and such a mod will be never on an official repo ( and its based on an old code too )
5. it should be work on helix too

Thank you for the blazing quick and thorough response!! So is THIS considered a power device? It seems to run Shednox just fine.
(2015-07-01, 19:13)jjdavola Wrote: Thank you for the blazing quick and thorough response!! So is THIS considered a power device? It seems to run Shednox just fine.

i3 should be okay and 4gb ram sounds good Smile and i would say madnox is maybe a lill bit smoother then shednox... because we clean out some of the code ( well we... our coding guys Big Grin )
so when shednox was running good, madnox should run at least the same Smile

(2015-07-01, 19:09)schimi2k Wrote:

i think this pause mod is made for "poster" gfx - and it seems your screenshot is made of an youtube video - or a stream... i will check it again, but i think i have a "screenshot" of a streaming movie instead of an "poster"

It is a stream...and the "cast and role" part to the right always has that YouTube msg in it, no cast ever....is that the reason why? Because it's a stream and not on a local drive?
(2015-07-01, 19:34)peetee07 Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 19:09)schimi2k Wrote:

It is a stream...and the "cast and role" part to the right always has that YouTube msg in it, no cast ever....is that the reason why? Because it's a stream and not on a local drive?

yes - when u play a "local" movie or a scraped one, u have an nfo file with all the infos of the movies, and actor, rating etc... but those streams dont have this infos ( not that i known of ) and ive notices on some streaming addons i get some "posters" and some i dont get anything...
>>> means - no scraped media=no infos

sorry

As for a repo, I would love to see one, It's does make installing and updating along with the extra scripts recommended so much less hassle. I Did try to make one before for something. But failed to work out how to do it. Hope somebody pops by with a "How To" at some point. Would be nice
Can I make a request?
I'd like to have the Kodflix view in TV Shows (Series Level) to have a Poster option.

So instead of just this

we'd have the option for TV shows (Series Level) to look like this

Thank You for this great skin
(2015-07-01, 20:12)Oddsodz Wrote: As for a repo, I would love to see one, It's does make installing and updating along with the extra scripts recommended so much less hassle. I Did try to make one before for something. But failed to work out how to do it. Hope somebody pops by with a "How To" at some point. Would be nice

yeah, repo would be nice, but we already try it with shednox - and it seems u need some own webspace for the hosting ( we cant get it to work with just the git source )

but i think the git version isnt so hard either Wink

Right, that strange poster issue should be gone now. Git is updated with fix for testing, but if you want to fix it quickly change line 3037 in Viewtype_ShowcaseMovies.xml to

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(OpenBoxSet) + Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>

Yes, a repo is a good idea and I plan to look into it and see if I can set one up.

@isamua, I think that should be possible mate, will add it to the list posters for tv.

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-07-01, 19:47)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 19:34)peetee07 Wrote:
(2015-07-01, 19:09)schimi2k Wrote: i think this pause mod is made for "poster" gfx - and it seems your screenshot is made of an youtube video - or a stream... i will check it again, but i think i have a "screenshot" of a streaming movie instead of an "poster"

yes - when u play a "local" movie or a scraped one, u have an nfo file with all the infos of the movies, and actor, rating etc... but those streams dont have this infos ( not that i known of ) and ive notices on some streaming addons i get some "posters" and some i dont get anything...
>>> means - no scraped media=no infos

sorry

Schimi2k : this is a bug that I have been asking for long for ANYONE to consider resolving.
Basically if you are playing a .strm file from whichever source.. none of the local media info / artts gets displayed. Even though I have all me media scraped with ember with local nfo'e etc etc and everything yet the skins will just not pick up this local info for a .strm file. slap a local file in the same folder and voila everything is picked up nicely. just whatever way in either main kodi or the main skins.. there lacks the addition of recognising .strm as valid media for which local arts could be picked up by skins.
any developer who could tackle this would be Hugely appreciated !!!!
(2015-07-01, 21:18)Mike_Doc Wrote: Right, that strange poster issue should be gone now. Git is updated with fix for testing, but if you want to fix it quickly change line 3037 in Viewtype_ShowcaseMovies.xml to

<visible>Skin.HasSetting(OpenBoxSet) + Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>

Yes, a repo is a good idea and I plan to look into it and see if I can set one up.

@isamua, I think that should be possible mate, will add it to the list posters for tv.

Mike

looking good here Sir M.
well done again... Cool

Another bug

In the first context menu the option "Choose artwork" doesn't work. You have to go to "manage" first. I don't mind going to manage, it's just a waste of space in the first context menu
Thanks sarlan, that's my bad. Something i was looking into. Will sort it out.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39