Some open items
Hello,

First of all: I have checked several Wiki pages, forum threads and that answered quite a lot of questions that I had. Of the questions below I was not able to find the answer using the Wiki and searching the forum.
Since Windows Media Center is being dropped from Windows 10 I am switching to a different tool and Kodi seems the most logical choice at this point.

My setup is:
-HTPC running Windows 8.1, DVBLogic software, Windows Media Center and Kodi Isengard. The HTPC holds two tuners, all pictures, music, videos and movies.
-Client running Windows 8.1, WMC and Kodi Isengard
-Client running Windows 10 and Kodi Isengard
-Two tablets running Windows 8.1 and XBMC Gotham. (XBMC Gotham because it still supports Broadcom Crystal HD)
All clients are running DVBLink PVR client

My questions:
General and files
-Does Kodi wake my HTPC when needed for recording?
-Can Kodi use an FTP location as source for files?
-Can I setup files or files that have been recorded to end up in the "Movies"? And be displayed only in the "Movies" same as the ripped DVD's? For example: I have recorded some movies and I would rather have them displayed in the "Movies" than as part of "Recorded TV". There is no need for the entire meta data to be added, just have them displayed there.
-Sometimes in the morning when I switch on my TV Kodi is still running, but the right part of Kodi is missing. Kodi is not windowed. It is just missing the right part as if there is no screen to display anything on. What may be causing this? If needed I can try to make a screen shot at some point. I've had this with Kodi 14.2 (Helix I think) and with the latest 15.1 beta.
-There seems to be an option to display the list of "Recorded TV" in a different way, but if I click on it nothing changes to the list. How come?
-In the files list when clicking a video (or selecting it and pressing OK on my WMC remote) I can get a context menu. Is it possible to get that for the file list of "Recorded TV" as well? And for the list of planned recordings?
-In Kodi I see that recordings will be deleted automatically after 99 days. However, I did not set this up in DVBLogic. Will the recordings still be deleted after 99 days? Is it possible to provide a value with which recordings will never be deleted automatically?
Slide shows and music
-Is it possible to "pin" the start of Party Mix to the home screen of Kodi? How about a random picture slide show?
-Is it possible to display song info while playing party mix and a picture slide show? (Like I was used to in WMC)
-Is it possible to display picture info while playing a picture slide show?
-Is it possible to perform actions on a picture while playing a picture slide show? For example delete the picture.

I know these are quite a lot of questions, but I thought it would be easier to group them rather than creating a separate thread for every question.
If I missed something pointing me to the specific Wiki or other thread is fine as well. Just shouting:"Check wiki" is not something I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Not to bore you with details you could catch here in the forum or wiki, I'll attempt to answer.

-Does Kodi wake my HTPC when needed for recording? NO, Kodi is software that needs to be running, you'll need some sort of wake on-lan add-on (thought I saw one) or external timer.

-Can Kodi use an FTP location as source for files? Yes, might be a question of how well though.

-Can I setup files or files that have been recorded to end up in the "Movies"? And be displayed only in the "Movies" same as the ripped DVD's? Mostly... Maybe,, humm custom script and add-ons can handle most of it, but auto-scraping a TV show as a movie is the issue. There are add-ons that will look at a download folder, rename it and throw it into Kodi for a scrape if it's a movie or TV show, but not vise versa without a custom made .nfo file. Btter to just have a file folder to dump things to that Kodi can access. But looking in the forum you will see people who have automated the entire process. Best ask this question as a stand alone thread, not many that know will want to read paragraphs.

-Sometimes in the morning when I switch on my TV Kodi is still running. Switch off you TV you lose the handshaking between the gfx card and the TV, and you end up with a default resolution/screen. Plenty of messages about this... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432

-There seems to be an option to display the list of "Recorded TV" No clue,I don't have a PVR Tuner card set-up, hopefully someone else will chime in if they're in a reading mood and this is why you want many smaller questions to appeal those few that have the answers, short and sweet.

-In the files list when clicking a video (or selecting it and pressing OK on my WMC remote) I can get a context menu. Is it possible to get that for the file list of "Recorded TV" as well? There's a feature request forum, if it doesn't have what you want in the way you want it.

-In Kodi I see that recordings will be deleted automatically after 99 days. Everything within Kodi is modifiable, if it's not obvious then you'll have to get your hands dirty with code, nothing is impossible.

Slide shows and music
-Is it possible to "pin" the start of Party Mix to the home screen of Kodi? How about a random picture slide show?

Yes and Yes

-Is it possible to display song info while playing party mix and a picture slide show? (Like I was used to in WMC)

Yes and Yes

-Is it possible to display picture info while playing a picture slide show?

Not sure what info you want displayed, but I'll err on the side of Yes.

-Is it possible to perform actions on a picture while playing a picture slide show? For example delete the picture.

No, would be a nice feature, but so would a lot of others things. Put it to the feature suggestions. Optionally you can start an external program from within Kodi

Quote:I thought it would be easier to group them rather than creating a separate question

Reminds me of a time helping a friend move to a 3rd floor walk-up with a lot of books. He found large box a fridge came in and filled it with books.... I asked him what logic he uses for this brilliant idea. He told me, it might be big and heavy, but you only have to lift it once and with two people it should be a snap. Guess what box didn't move!

Baby steps one step at a time... ask one question etc.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: Not to bore you with details you could catch here in the forum or wiki, I'll attempt to answer.
Thanks for that!
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Does Kodi wake my HTPC when needed for recording? NO, Kodi is software that needs to be running, you'll need some sort of wake on-lan add-on (thought I saw one) or external timer.
Of course! WMC is much more integrated in the OS. I'll just leave my HTPC running all the time then I think.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Can Kodi use an FTP location as source for files? Yes, might be a question of how well though.
I'll search harder for this. Doesn't really matter if it doesn't work that well. Just something I want to fiddle around with.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Can I setup files or files that have been recorded to end up in the "Movies"? And be displayed only in the "Movies" same as the ripped DVD's? Mostly... Maybe,, humm custom script and add-ons can handle most of it, but auto-scraping a TV show as a movie is the issue. There are add-ons that will look at a download folder, rename it and throw it into Kodi for a scrape if it's a movie or TV show, but not vise versa without a custom made .nfo file. Btter to just have a file folder to dump things to that Kodi can access. But looking in the forum you will see people who have automated the entire process. Best ask this question as a stand alone thread, not many that know will want to read paragraphs.
Scraping is getting the metadata, right? I don't need all of the meta data, just some basic file info and I want it displayed in that section of Kodi. But probably it only gets in that section as soon as it is "scrapable". Anyway, I will start a separate thread on this one.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Sometimes in the morning when I switch on my TV Kodi is still running. Switch off you TV you lose the handshaking between the gfx card and the TV, and you end up with a default resolution/screen. Plenty of messages about this... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158432
Thanks! Checked that and yes, I should have found this one! I will read that and test one of the solutions proposed there.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -There seems to be an option to display the list of "Recorded TV" No clue,I don't have a PVR Tuner card set-up, hopefully someone else will chime in if they're in a reading mood and this is why you want many smaller questions to appeal those few that have the answers, short and sweet.
Check!
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -In the files list when clicking a video (or selecting it and pressing OK on my WMC remote) I can get a context menu. Is it possible to get that for the file list of "Recorded TV" as well? There's a feature request forum, if it doesn't have what you want in the way you want it.
Ok, I'll file a feature request for that.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -In Kodi I see that recordings will be deleted automatically after 99 days. Everything within Kodi is modifiable, if it's not obvious then you'll have to get your hands dirty with code, nothing is impossible.
I'll create that as a separate question as well.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: Slide shows and music

Yes and Yes
Big Grin I get the impression that I just need to check the wiki for this. I'll search harder Wink
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Is it possible to display song info while playing party mix and a picture slide show? (Like I was used to in WMC)

Yes and Yes
Again...search search search
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Is it possible to display picture info while playing a picture slide show?

Not sure what info you want displayed, but I'll err on the side of Yes.
Just some info as file name, date taken. Especially the date taken actually.
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote: -Is it possible to perform actions on a picture while playing a picture slide show? For example delete the picture.

No, would be a nice feature, but so would a lot of others things. Put it to the feature suggestions. Optionally you can start an external program from within Kodi
Thanks! Will do that!
(2015-06-30, 04:17)PatK Wrote:
Quote:I thought it would be easier to group them rather than creating a separate question

Reminds me of a time helping a friend move to a 3rd floor walk-up with a lot of books. He found large box a fridge came in and filled it with books.... I asked him what logic he uses for this brilliant idea. He told me, it might be big and heavy, but you only have to lift it once and with two people it should be a snap. Guess what box didn't move!

Baby steps one step at a time... ask one question etc.
Got the picture and you are right. It differs per forum. On some boards you really get flamed as soon as you ask more than two questions in one day Smile But I did get the notion that is not an issue here. Thanks again for the effort so far and you will see quite a lot of "Plantje" posts Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some open items0