[Solved] Rpi2 - Interface artifacts when playing 1080p
Hello,

UPDATE : Issue solved by cleaning up my advancedsettings.xml file (thanks popcornmix !)

Here's my setup :
RPi2 / RaspBIAN / KODI
Overclocked to "Rpi2" setting
256 MB GPU mem.
no desktop env.
Kodi version : 2:14.2-1wheezy

I'd like to mention first that everything runs really fine with files in 720p.

When I start playing a 1080p file, the screen still shows the remainder of the Kodi interface where there should be the top and bottom black bars.
If I display the control menu for instance (bottom bar with "play", "stop", etc...), when I remove it I get the bottom half of this bar still displayed in the black bar area.
Movie playback is fine (except for these artifacts).

If I stop the playback and then launch a 720p move, all is normal (no remainders on screen).

Does any one have a clue where this can come from ?

Thanks !

EDIT 2 : Debug log
(Movie playback starts at T:1751679920)

Screenshots :

KODI Interface remainder

Control bar remainder (the control bar "doubling" is the actual display, not an effect Smile )
A picture of the screen and a debug log (wiki) would be a good start.
I'd suggest disabling the overclock for now, in case that is the cause of the issue.
I've updated my initial post with pictures.
I can't configure the logging settings at the moment but will update it again tomorrow.

Thanks
Post updated with debug logs.

FYI, I'm running skin Rapier, but issue is exactly the same with Confluence.
I've stripped out the MovieInfoScanner lines for to improve readability (and shorten log).
Remove these settings from your advancedsettings.xml file
Code:
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
                                                <nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>
They are not supported by GLES platforms.
Ideally remove most of the content of advancedsettings.xml file - it's full of junk (copied from another platform?)
Hi,

Thanks popcornmix !

I've cleaned up my advancedsettings.xml file (I only left the MySQL DB part) and after a restart everything was fine !

I indeed copied this file over from another platform (I have 4 KODI boxes running with different HW).

Thanks again !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Rpi2 - Interface artifacts when playing 1080p0