WMA stream support and URL entry
i tried to play a wma stream through a sc file earlier in xbmp (this stream used the prefix 'http://') and it froze up (igr wouldn't work). any chance of wma stream support? Smile

also, it'd be nice if i could enter an url directly through a software keyboard rather than having to ftp an sc/pls file across, any chance of this? Smile

bit of an edit, a couple more ideas:
zip file support: the ability to keep skins in zips would be nice, as well as collections of pictures, music and videos. might take a sec or two longer to open them, and although zip compression wouldn't lower their file size by much, any space saved is good. not all of us have 120gb drives Smile

the ability to access or import music from the msdash interface, complete with playlists, with filenames based on the msdash playlist files.

the ability to check the latest version of xbmc on the net would be great, even better would be the ability to download it to a cache drive and have it install itself. think of it this way: cache the zip, have xmbc run another program and exit. this new program that then unzips the zip and places all of the files where they need to go to perform a successful upgrade Smile

also, i already know its been mentioned, but howsabout an rss newsfeed on xbmc?
rohaq
(rohaq @ oct. 27 2003,01:11 Wrote:bit of an edit, a couple more ideas:
zip file support: the ability to keep skins in zips would be nice, as well as collections of pictures, music and videos. might take a sec or two longer to open them, and although zip compression wouldn't lower their file size by much, any space saved is good. not all of us have 120gb drives Smile
the current skin needs 2mb. if i rar/zip it it still needs 1.5mb (all pics are already compressed jpg/png).

Quote:the ability to check the latest version of xbmc on the net would be great, even better would be the ability to download it to a cache drive and have it install itself. think of it this way: cache the zip, have xmbc run another program and exit. this new program that then unzips the zip and places all of the files where they need to go to perform a successful upgrade Smile
this never will happen. we don't distribute binaries of xbmc so there never will be such an autoupdatesystem.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(hullebulle @ oct. 27 2003,01:27 Wrote:the current skin needs 2mb. if i rar/zip it it still needs 1.5mb (all pics are already compressed jpg/png).
but all of those half megs add up into whole ones eventually, which gives us 8gb drive folks more cramming space Wink

Quote:this never will happen. we don't distribute binaries of xbmc so there never will be such an autoupdatesystem.
fair enough, but how about just checking the latest full and cvs versions? Smile
rohaq

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMA stream support and URL entry0