Managing two display setups
hi,

i have my xbox attached through a x2vga to two different displays... a tv and a projector.

i'd like to keep different settings for each display. can this be done somehow?

i thought that if i used two xbmc installations, maybe it would use a different folder in the game partition to save its settings, but it doesn't, and it's a pain to adjust each time xbmc for the display being used.

any ideas?
i'd like this functionality too. both me and my brother run xbmc both to the tv and projector and while the tv is widescreen, the projector is not.

a way to keep 2 profiles and switching between them would be truly awesome.
having two different save locations could be a possibility, and would be the easiest way to implement it.

note that you wouldn't be able to convert between pal and ntsc, as this requires an eeprom change at the moment, which we are not prepared to do, as too many users would stuff it up Smile

as long as it's always pal, or always ntsc/hdtv it'll be fine.

i think the best bet would be to have a new tag in xboxmediacenter.xml with the save directory.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

since this is not possible atm i move it to the "feature suggestions". Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
can we expect this feature anytime soon?

it doesn't look too difficult to implement... if the tag is empty, it could just use default directory. if it isn't, it would use the one in the tag.

this feature would be also great to test new builds while keeping a stable one working.
i am going to be coding this feature very soon as part of a complete reorganisation of the settings screens.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hi,

any news on this?

i don't remember this feature being included in current versions of xbmc. is it still scheduled?
it's already in xbmc cvs and working (for over a month now). however note that this can/does not change anything in the ms-dash.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing two display setups0