Cut Off music covers
Lightbulb 
Mp3 allows put several images as covers. I love this feature, but it consume a lot of space in disk (more if you have the same cover in all the songs of the album). I think a good idea would be add at contextual menu (or at a phyton script) the hability to cut off all the images of all the Mp3s of the directory (i supose one directory = one music album) and store them as independ, common image files as Windows Media Player does (the only one feature i like of this program). With this you can earn space on disk and then you can select what is the image you want as cover (or covers, if we count the back-cover too) and use the rest of album images in a collage in the visalisation or something similar. More of this, this could be the first step to put a CoverFlow music selection style, that it's the most cool thing i have seen in years (Intelectual property? I don't know what would be the state about this, but at least at Europe we don't have software patents and i hope this will be alike forever... Please don't see this like a problem to my idea Sad )
the devs pretty much have always said that they're against editing meta-data.
CoverFlow is closed source.
SleepyP Wrote:the devs pretty much have always said that they're against editing meta-data.

Uops... where i can read about this topic? Probably not "oficial" part but maybe this would be a good reason to learn Phyton Wink

SleepyP Wrote:CoverFlow is closed source.

Yes, CoverFlow is closed source, i refer to re-design it or something similar (music selection at FretsOnFire it's also cool) inside XBMC.
the best think to do is get a bigger disk so that you are confortable. (just an opinion)
XBMC 4ever

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cut Off music covers0