Auto and Manual FAN speed-adjustment
xbmc already monitors temperatures, why not have automatic fan speed adjustment based on it?

manual fan speed control would also be great...

if avalaunch and fanthing can do it, i don't see why xbmc can't Smile
true u shud add this in.. make it so u can add a key to it in da keyconfig so u can decrease/increase the speed via da remote or in da xml? or on screen??
"yeh but what does it do?" thats the question u ask the midwife when ya missis has givern birth as she hands you the child hehe
i've been watching a bundle of movies on my xbox lately and i've noted that the temperature of the cpu, gpu, mb and hard-drive is getting very high after watching a 2 hour movie.

it would be very nice if you could have the option to make the fan run faster, doubling (doubling the normal speed) it's speed doesn't make it make that much noise but increases the cooling a lot.

i found this feature in the unleashx dashboard, but would be very very handy to have in xbmc.
the xbox often crashes if it becomes 2 hot. in a hot summer it happens often. there for something like temperature regulation function in xbmc would be nice. if it becomes 2 hot, automaticly increase the xbox and if it get colder, automaticly deracse the xbox fan. the xbox has extra a chip in it, i think its called pid or similar for regulation the temperature. there is also a nice tool 4 that on xbox linux. its called fanctl and from a guy called shallax, i think. maybe you can integrate this tool, if he allows this. anyway, if u can solve this temperature problem maybe in the next cvs of xbmc became nice. i think you would help many concerned xbmc users. :-)

thanks and good work.

2stoned
it would be a nice function but are you then 100% sure that no one will ever blame the xbmc-devs if a users xbox overheats? Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
xbmc is already a use at ure own risk application, not formally supported by any big name companies.

this feature would only improve xbmc, not hinder it.
* appleguru puts a vote in for this feature too 8)
like you can edit the x2 4981 bios with xbtool and get the fan to run an x percent faster, is a very nice feature, a thing like this in xbmc would be great because you can't edit 4983 (this is examples, no refferences).
i vote for it! when you use your xbox to run copyrighted code you also agree you may f**k your xbox up. so nobody would blame you guys.

it would be a great feature!
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

good idea :idea:
seems like a fun little project, going to give it a shot :d
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto and Manual FAN speed-adjustment0