Kodi15 with VNSI: Audio drops & Out of Sync
Compiled your master and the latest VNSI addon. Stuttering is present too. Nothing in the logs (or do i have to activate some kind of advanced logging? If yes, how?) and no drops or skips. Stutter only appears from time to time and only for a short time (sometimes 20, sometimes 30 seconds). Sync to display is enabled, epg scanning while streaming is disabled.
One can see the stutter best on sport channels or if there is some scrolling text.
does syslog with vdr loglevel set to 3 show anything? parser and demuxer log errors there
I enabled vdr log level 3 per default. Nothing is shown in the logs.

I once again did som tests to proof what i already wrote:Kodi14 is working with xvdr and vnsi without any stutters. Since Kodi15 (first version was alpha1 i tested) only xvdr is running without stutters. Nothing in vdr nor kodi log. Same results for "official" kodi 15/16, your master.and openelec 5.95.3.

Anything else i can do/test?
I can reproduce it when switching from "Das Erste" to "HD Bundesliga 1". Whenever i do this switsching the stutter begins sometimes directly, sometimes within a timeframe of 30 seconds after the channel switch. The stutter then disappears within a timeframe of another 60 seconds and then seems to never (had not enough time to check this finally) appear again until a further channel switch.
So there seems to be some kind of "process" which follows after a channel switch.

Edit: Just tested switching between different channels and the stutter appears after every switch! On some channels it is just very hard to recognize. But if one know what to look for it's allways there. Best recognizable on channels with most of the time horizontal panning (sport channels, info channels like "N24" with scrolling text banners).
(2015-07-28, 23:38)mule1 Wrote: But if one know what to look for it's allways there.

Can you make a video of this? I did not notice any change from 14.x to 15.0 to 16.0 on my systems.

Can go to addon settings and set priority to 0 and disable vdr messages? Would this make any difference?
Both settings makes no difference. Upcoming weekend I'm getting a new camera with 4k recording and changable fps. I will make a recording with it.
I am running out of ideas. Working xvdr and failing vnsi would indicate in issue in vnsiserver but there was no change in demuxer. Further all parser error appear in the log.
What value has pat/pmt timeout? this changed from 5 sec to 0.
Me too :-(

Already set PMT to 0 a while ago in order to get better channel switching times.

I will try to make a recording during the next days.
(2015-08-02, 15:12)mule1 Wrote: Already set PMT to 0 a while ago in order to get better channel switching times.

What if you set it to 5 which is more safe.
PMT = 5 did also not solve the stuttering.

I now made a recording (sorry for partly bad quality caused by non fixed focus) on N24 (145MB / Link ). It has been rendered as AVCHD in 720P50 without audio and was cut in two parts in order to reduce the size: First part is directly after channel switch to N24 and shows many stutters in the scrolling text while the second part is about 3 minutes later when the stutter has disappeared. After stopping the recording I watched for about 10 minutes without any stutter, then switched to another channel and back to N24: Once again the stutter did appear and disappeared after a short time.

Environmental info:
1.) VDR-Server
- VDR 2.2.0
- VNSI / commit-point: 1c63a8a
- VNSI "PMT" = 5
- VNSI "Avoid EPG Scan while streaming" = true

2.) KODI-Client
- Hardware: Intel NUC 34010
- Ubuntu 15.04
- Your Master / commit-point: f8af961
- KODI "Sync playback to display" = true
- KODI "Allow hardware-acceleration - VAAPI" = true
- KODI "Use MPEG-2 VAAPI" = true
- KODI "Use MPEG-4 VAAPI" = true
- KODI "Use VC-1 VAAPI" = true
- KODI "Prefer VAAPI render method" = true
- KODI "Vertival blanc sync" = Let driver choose
- KODI "Resolution" = 1920 x 1080
- KODI "Refresh Rate" = 50.00
- KODI "enable passthrough" = false
- KODI "TV / fallback framerate" = off
- VNSI "Priority" = 0
- VNSI "Allow VDR messages" = false

Edit: Just tried latest version of VNSIServer (commit point: 1c6888a) with the same stutter.
Thanks. I may be blind but where and when exactly do you see stutter or no stutter. I can see that the scrolling text is not 100% smooth but this is the same for the 2nd part where you say there is no stutter.

Could you please post a debug log when running my master?
Did you play it back with a display which is capable of displaying real 50Hz and that any kind of frame interpolation processing has been switched off? The scrolling text in the second part has to be totally smooth without any stutter.
I would presume that there is something wrong with your playback setup. Did you use a tv or monitor? My monitor for example offers different kind of fps in the settings but its panel is only capable of 60Hz so that part 2 is not smooth too and looks the same as part1.

Will post a debug log asap.
I watched it on my laptop with 60hz. Will try on a 50hz tv.
when you record the log, please stay othe channel untel the stutter disappears. You could press some button when that happens. It will create some kind of marker in the log.
I tried with BBC World News SD + HD. At the time writing this it shows scrolling text, nt-v does not. I don't see the effect you video shows. Waiting for the log ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi15 with VNSI: Audio drops & Out of Sync0