New iMac - Can't Stream
Hi

I'm as clueless as it gets with this stuff. I have a new iMac and have installed Kodi, the TV Guide Add On and the NHL Gamecenter Add On. I understood the TV Guide was supposed to link into programmes directly but it keeps asking for a file/program to stream through. Having cycled through the directories, it is not accepting anything. I have installed Myth and have Quicktime, but none are showing compatible files that can stream.

What am I doing wrong, as its probably something obvious?!

Thanks in advance,

W
http://kodi.wiki/view/Free_content
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Rather strange reply. Assuming these are terrestrial channels being broadcast from another EU country - there isn't a UK legal problem? Is that what you are implying? Equally, Im not sure the NHL Gamecenter breaches copyright in the UK either - I understand it just shows highlights of games. We don't have NHL highlights screened by anyone in the UK.

As such, is there any guidance on how to troubleshoot the streaming?
He might have just misunderstood what you are asking. To be honest, I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you trying to link add-ons together using the TV Guide add-on?
I believe so! Part of the issue is I don't know what I don't know. There are some European channels on that TV Guide that I wish to watch. When I click into them within the TV Guide Add On - it asks me for a stream file and gives me options to search my computer for that file. Despite having many media players (and Kodi itself) - it will not "find" any compatible programmes to run and get the stream going.
I don't know that addon but i guess it doesn't provide the content links but only allows you to link a stream to a file. Those stream files are simply "*.strm" files which contain an url to the content. (like an http stream link or so).

I think that addon doesn't do what you think it does.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK - so I need a different Add On to stream live TV from say Germany?
I doubt there is any legal addon which would allow streaming german livetv. But yeah - in general you need either some sort of tv backend which can provide you with OTA live streams or some addon which allows you to access some livetv streaming service (like zattoo for example).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Cheers Memphiz - you were a big help.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New iMac - Can't Stream0