Feature request: Upscaling video in maintenance or in videos settings screen
I was looking into upscaling methods and there are a lot of things to take care of

Now I was wondering if it is possible to add those things in a future release so that these things can be done by a simple click and confirm setting, like the way you can setup zero caching?

I am kind of a newcommer as far as it goes with kodi and sure I can follow the steps provided on the forum but thats a LOT of installing and changing setings so I was hoping these things can be made a bit easier for new kids on the kodi block? Maybe it is a good idea to add those filters into kodi itself and that the software takes care of the best settings? For example when I start an HQ or an SD movie and I go to video settings it would be really cool if I could click on a feature called "get best upscaling for current video" and when I enable the setting kodi can configure those things straight away so I can enjoy watching my better quality video

Could be that this is not possible but I thought it is best to ask for it Smile
One, we don't make any maintance add-on/tool like that. The ones out there don't come from us.

Two, things like allowing users to easily turn on local drive cache (the "zero cache" mode) has actually caused a lot of problems, because there is no warning to explination about when to use or avoid that setting. It still is a bit of an experimental setting, and Kodi can't automatically detect if it is safe to enable on a specific box or not, which is why it is normally only set by a text file. A lot of users enable it when they have a lot amount of internal memory, and worse, flash memory. This causes Kodi to crash and leave behind large orphaned temp files that fill up the device's internal memory. For some devices, it will wear out the un replaceable internal memory much faster, and the box will die much faster than normal.

So basically, if we have a method for Kodi to detect what is "best" for a setting, and if such settings are safe, then we would just make that happen by default.
Ok thanks for the reply Ned it is much appreciated

What do you think about those upscaling methods? Would it a be a wise thing to not install any of those filters and add-on/tools like the ones described in the topic below?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576

If you think it's best not to touch any of those things please let me know?

I am running Kodi on Windows 7 64 bit i7 2600k 16 gig of ram

By the way a big thanks to you and your Kodi Team I really like this mediaplayer for so far Smile
Those DSPlayer builds are not official Kodi builds. I don't really know anything about them, and I don't use them.
That's the DS build, only users that know what they're doing or would like a different feature set, like use of MadVR make use of that build. Otherwise stick with normal KODI.
K4sh1n what if somebody wants to learn something more about those different feature sets?
If I wanted to try those things described in that other topic will it effect the stability of my system or does it work like a charm once installed correctly?
I would really love to watch some shows in better quality so I think this is the only way to achieve that goal but if it doesn't run smooth it might be best not to try it..
In other words it would be cool to know how these filters might effect the way my pc runs...i was hoping if someone could tell me more about it.

I know my way around a pc and I can always re-install my windows image file...but if you or somebody else think it's not even worth a try....well in that case I would leave things like they are right now Smile
Anyone can learn more about the DS builds, there is plenty of how to's in the threads.
The stability of your system shouldn't be an issue, you pick and choose your own codecs, scalers, renders etc.

You would probably need to try each render and see which you like best.

No need to re-image your computer to try out the build, note that my post was in relation to your OP and post #3 where the standard KODI applies, the DS build is used nominally by advanced users so having everything automated defeats the purpose of the DIY features/filters configurable with the DS build. (Users may like to use different features to output their content based on preference/quality and same settings may not be preferred by another user).

Up to you at this point, you may find that it works better, no change, or not at all.

Just to re-iterate:
Quote:That's the DS build, only users that know what they're doing or would like a different feature set, like use of MadVR make use of that build. Otherwise stick with normal KODI.
Thanks for your reply and explaining what the DS build can do for me.

I will look into it and I don't know how and where I can give you a reputation point but it should be at 23 at this moment

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request: Upscaling video in maintenance or in videos settings screen0