can't sort tv channels
i have a bunch of channels on my tv. i used to be able to sort them. i normally sort by name, but all of a sudden it won't let me anymore. not using any addons or anything in particular just the simple iptv client. i click tv my channels come, and they play, but i can no longer sort my list. I don't know why. I didn't change anything or do anything that i know of that would alter this behavior it just quit working. now sorting is greyed out, and the only thing i can select is grouping.
seems a full skin reset of rapier did the trick. pretty annoying i had to lose all my settings just to fix it.

this has always been the nature of XBMC however. I always come back to it every few years to see if it works, and i always find that it barely works, or doesn't work like it's supposed to. even when it's slim on addons, there's always something that doesn't work. the most annoying part is a toss up that streams never work for a bunch of different reasons, unable to probe input file, dvdplayer failing, or hanging for an eternity on dead links, and the weird like quirks that always happen within the program itself. like having features that work one time around, but not on subsequent events.

i've been fiddling with XBMC since 2002, and never seems to get any better. it gets bigger, and "does" more stuff, but it never does it any better. maybe if there was a way to put some money behind it, and get some hardcore developers on it, it could evolve into something stable. I've been back on XBMC for about a couple of months now, and even though the name has changed, the routine hasn't.

install it, throw some video addons on, find out most of them don't work, or the ones you want to work don't work, play with the configs, watch a few choppy streams, let it sit for a while and get dusty, uninstall it, wait a few years, and repeat the whole process again.
We'd be happy to try and help you figure out why this happens if you give more than 20 minutes after you post before going nuclear. Now we don't know what was wrong or how to improve it, and most people don't have the issues you are having, so we shrug and assume the issue you faced was some edge case.

No offense man, and I know Kodi has never been without it's flaws, but it's pretty damn stable. You can't blame the core application for what happens with add-ons that are not in our control, and that includes IPTV Simple Client (which has always worked great for me, by the way), or your specific skin of choice. Given how you went about troubleshooting the issue of nuking your skin settings, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in your conclusions. I'm one of the first people to point out when Kodi fails on something (we missed a really basic ff/rw bug in v15.0, for example. Something really basic.), but what you've described sounds like frustration with things that are not in Kodi itself. They're in the add-ons, like the ones people use to stream bootleg/pirated content. Are you really surprised that those don't work reliably?
Hi MTRX.

If you had asked this in the Rapier forum, I could have helped you out very shortly.

When the sort button in the menubar is disabled, it is because you have enabled Kiosk Mode in the skin settings. Simple as that... And that's why it was resolved when you did a skin reset.

If you install the add-on script.toolbox, Rapier allows you to export all your skin settings to a folder, so you can import them when you like - or if you accidentally change a setting.

Cheers
Gade

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't sort tv channels0