• 2(current)
WIP Additional views for Advanced Launcher
Thanks for your answer UsefulG,

I'm using KODI 15.1, with AEON NOX 5: SILVO 5.7.2-2.0.5.
I can't wait for your instructions.

Thank you.
I thought that might be the case. Remember to backup the files you modify just in case.

I will update the earlier post with an additional Isengard steps but you need to add the following lines to

custom_1130_Views.xml before the end of the file

Code:
<item>
                    <label>GamesFlix</label>
                    <onclick>Container.SetViewMode(801)</onclick>
                    <visible>[SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin.program.advanced.launcher)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Disable.GamesflixView)</visible>
                </item>
                <item>
                    <label>GamesFlixWide</label>
                    <onclick>Container.SetViewMode(802)</onclick>
                    <visible>[SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin.program.advanced.launcher)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Disable.GamesflixWideView)</visible>
                </item>
                <item>
                    <label>GamesFlixSquare</label>
                    <onclick>Container.SetViewMode(803)</onclick>
                    <visible>[SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin.program.advanced.launcher)] + !Skin.HasSetting(Disable.GamesflixSquareView)</visible>
                </item>

This will allow you to switch to the view from the side menu.

Then amend the following line in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml

From

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <description>Normal Default Background Image</description>
            <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
            <include>AnimatedBackgroundAnimation</include>
            <imagepath fallback="$INFO[Skin.String(CustomDefaultBackground)]" background="true">$VAR[GlobalBackgroundVar]</imagepath>
            <visible>!Control.IsVisible(701) | Window.IsActive(skinsettings)</visible>
        </control>

To

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <description>Normal Default Background Image</description>
            <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
            <include>AnimatedBackgroundAnimation</include>
            <imagepath fallback="$INFO[Skin.String(CustomDefaultBackground)]" background="true">$VAR[GlobalBackgroundVar]</imagepath>
            <visible>[!Control.IsVisible(801) + !Control.IsVisible(802) + !Control.IsVisible(803) + !Control.IsVisible(701) ] |  Window.IsActive(skinsettings)</visible>
        </control>

This will remove the fanart background for the GamesFlix views but retain it for other views in Kodi.

Can you make these amends and let me know how you get on?
So usefulG,

IT WORKS, I can see and select the Gamesflix Views!!!

Now, It works, i have to learn HOW it works...

But I think, I'll manage to do it on my own

Thank you very much for sharing with me.
You should change your moniker to HelpfulG.Wink
By the way, I placed the 5 images downloaded from Madnox Kodiflix, in the "skin.aeon.nox.silvo" folder.
Is it the right place?
@VIEUXRAFIKI

I forgot to add in the 2nd post that I had unpacked the texture.xbt file in the media folder then added the files from Madnox.

You can either unpack it using the XBMC Texture Tool or download the textures from Mike's github.

I prefer to unpack the files and then rename the texture.xbt file to texture.old so I can revert back as required.

I will add the steps to the 2nd post but

1) Unpack the texture.xbt to the Media folder
2) Rename the texture.xbt file to texture.old
3) Copy the files from madnox to the Media folder

Let me know how you get on.
UsefulG:

Where do you download artwork from?

thanks
amazing jobs guys!
@Edworld I downloaded the artwork manually from Google Images as the artwork managers for Kodi only cover Music/TV/Films

@MaxCore Thanks for praise, these are my first views and based on the work of others so shout out for Mike_Doc, Schimi2k and MikeSilvo164
UsefulG:

Will your instructions work using the repository version of Aeon Nox?

On the instructions you pasted on post #2 can you add in what row it should be pasted, or underneath what code? I'm trying to make it work with the repository version.

Thanks
@Edworld

I haven't tested this with Big Noid's repo version of Aeon Nox but apart from the pasting the gamesflix views into custom_1129_Views.xml rather than custom_1130_Views.xml all the other instructions should work.

Giving row numbers might be difficult as I have done some mods to my skin files so stuff will be all over the place but I will try to help with where code should be pasted.

XML uses opening and closing tags i.e. <include> (open tag) </include> (closing tag) and so when you add the lines of code you need to add them after a closing tag for example the custom_1129_views.xml the code should be pasted in after the last </item> tag before the closing tags.

Code:
            </content>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
Wow this view for advanced launcher is fantastic!

REALLY COMPLIMENTS

but is possible setting video for background in place of image?

switch to have either extrafanart or trailer please!

Thanks but for a video is really complete!

UsefulG i pay for your work for possibile insert video preview!
@Vitamina1984 Thanks for the kind words, I have plans to add video previews but really life and work have gotten in the way of my development. I will be adding more as promised so bear with me.
Thanks UsefulG I Wait for your Work really compliments!
Ok, I have a working prototype on the GamesFlix view. It isn't finished so I wanted to get some feedback on how I should proceed.

I haven't found a way to add the fade diffuse look to the video and to be honest with the scrolling thumbs plus diffuse you lose a lot of the picture so I have gone with a simpler solution. If you select video fanart it will stop using the rotating extra fanart and use a single fanart image background then if you click down arrow on the game it will play the trailer in a window overlaid on the fanart and then disappear.

Should I have the video trailer playback automatically when you highlight the game or leave it as a choice to select it?

Should the trailer video play once and disappear or be on a continous loop?

Note at this time I have no idea how to implement these questions but I wanted to get some feedback.

On a positive note it means I know how to add a video window so I can look into the info wall with trailer view I would like to do.
ok I'm interested if you can put in place of the video image in the cycle is fine

Should this I have the trailer video playback automatically When you highlight the game or leave it as a choice to select it

ok if you can put the video with the logo that remains with the information wall

but that is fading as window images

but this is possible? please really important for me

thanks!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional views for Advanced Launcher0