HDMI Content Type selection
Hey,

I'm using Kodi on a Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit PC with a GeForce GTX460 and a Sony TV connected via HDMI. The audio part is handled via a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 and an older Denon amplifier that's able to decode Dolby Digital and DTS via digital input (coaxial in this case).

The Sony has a frame interpolation feature I'd like to use when watching movies (makes motions nice and smooth without getting too soap-operaish). This casues a video latency of about 120 ms that I compensated in the audio delay settings so everything is in sync when watching movies.

This is possible because when watching movies Kodi or nVidia or whoever set the HMDI content type to "Standard" which casues the TV to turn on the post-processing. Unfotunately this doesn't work with all movies and especially doesn't work with most series I'm watching. It switched to "Graphisc" or "Game" then which disables all post-processing and by that avoids latency. Which, of course, again causes the audio coming too late.

Is there a way to tell Kodi to always set the HDMI content type to "Movie" when watching any type of video? I don't want to set it using the nVidia Control Panel because the same PC is also used for gaming. Which doesn't work well when there's video latency.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

P.S.: I've tried Kodi 14.2 and 15 with the same results. Kodi 15 DX11 caused all videos to be handled as "Game".
As far as I know, Kodi doesn't know anything about these HDMI types or how to change them on your hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Content Type selection0