• 35(current)
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)
hi everyone. got my mythtv going. all is well, however, i cannot get myth to play my .nuv files. is there something that i need to do to make them playable? i have them encoded now as mpeg4 i think. not mjpeg.
(freeidee @ june 06 2005,12:21 Wrote:madtw news for the development ? Sad
there are some updates in cvs... haven't started on scheduling recordings yet. i've been too busy upgrading myth to 0.18.1, upgrading xbmc, and fixing some bugs that might be affecting people. i won't be creating a new release on sourceforge until i get scheduling implemented and the updates seem to be stable. i can't give any timeline for this since i only get a few hours a week to work on this stuff...
(kruuth @ june 08 2005,21:30 Wrote:hi everyone. got my mythtv going. all is well, however, i cannot get myth to play my .nuv files. is there something that i need to do to make them playable? i have them encoded now as mpeg4 i think. not mjpeg.
uhm... look about 5 posts back.. mp4 is not supported. i wrote a small and dirty script to resolve this problem..

- rename the /usr/bin/mythtranscode to mythtranscode.old
- copy my script to /usr/bin/mythtranscode and make it executable (chmod +x)
- from now on your recordings will be converted to xvid and playable on the xbox

and madtw, thanks for the update. i keep amazing my friends about what's possible with mythtv + xbmc + xbmcmythtv!!
Sad 
i'm having a problem using an alternate skin, antiguo, and xbmcmythtv (a cvs pull from this morning).

i know that xbmcmythtv doesn't have screen files for this skin, but i was hoping it would/could/should default to another (mayhem iii prefererred).

when i run xbmcmythtv from antiguo, i get a dialog:
error: argument 5 must be a string, not none.

any ideas?
-troy

download antiguo:
http://www.xbox-skins.net/forums....id=3999

see/discuss antiguo:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....antiguo
(lazyboy @ june 11 2005,16:46 Wrote:i'm having a problem using an alternate skin, antiguo, and xbmcmythtv (a cvs pull from this morning).

i know that xbmcmythtv doesn't have screen files for this skin, but i was hoping it would/could/should default to another (mayhem iii prefererred).
:nuts:
never mind.
the easy answer was to copy/rename the skin directory!
duh.
yep, people have asked for xbmcmythtv to default to some other skin... if there aren't any skin files for the one selected in xbmc. i forgot about this request although the workaround is quite simple like you found out. it'd be nice if people submitted bug/feature requests on sourceforge so that we can track all these things and i don't have to remember or read through the bazillion pages on this thread. Smile
incase anyone is interested i have been playing with the livetv stuff and have a crude osd working. lets you 'browse' channels, and select a new channel. seems to work ok.

if anyone wants to play with it (no promises) it's at http://www.frooby.net/xbmcmythtv/
great !! :o

mythtvprogram.py - added a minor change so recorded shows are marked in main program listing.. havn't finished it. was going to add rec start and end times but never got around to completing.

wao
sorry i understand good

ability record start from xbox ?!:d
sorry the link for download archived version xbmcmythtv including your above change not work Sad

http://www.frooby.net/xbmcmythtv/xbmcmythtv.rar
freeidee,

make sure you delete any .pyo files from the xmbcmythtv directory before you try it. once deleted reboot the xbox and try again. can you get the current version from cvs working? if not i would try that first and get that working then copy my changes over, delete the .pyo's and try again.

anyway i have only ever tested it on my setup, with only about 7 channels so there could very well be alot of other problems with it. had it running for about 4-5 hours yesterday with alot of channel changing and no problems.

i think i also made another change to the setting.xml file and added another setting:
<paths_livetvdir>livetv</paths_livetvdir>
so you might want to add that and see if it helps. it's just the name of the share on you mythtv box which stores the ringbuf file.
freeidee,

sorry i miss read your post... i changed it from a rar to a zip but forgot to change the link. it is suppose to be:
http://www.frooby.net/xbmcmythtv/xbmcmythtv.zip
frooby: what is the difference between <paths_livetvdir> and <paths_livetvprefix>? the latter includes the protocol, hostname, share name (if using smb) prefix of the directory where ring buffers are created...

i haven't had a chance to run this yet but once you're happy with it, it might be worth while adding it to the code in cvs...
madtw,

i thought i had used the livetvdir to create the path from scratch using the backend ip for the free encoder, but looking at it now i never actually finished Blush

anyway before adding to cvs might pay to make sure it works for more than one person. don't want to break anything else!
(frooby @ june 15 2005,01:55 Wrote:madtw,

i thought i had used the livetvdir to create the path from scratch using the backend ip for the free encoder, but looking at it now i never actually finished Blush

anyway before adding to cvs might pay to make sure it works for more than one person. don't want to break anything else!

i have tested your modifications successfully, i too only have 7 channels. northern nsw free to air (abc, abc2, nbn, sbs, sbs news, prime and ten northern).

i have found one problem when seeking to the smb share your method of connecting doesn't seem to pass on the username and password settings and i get prompted and have to enter these in.

apart from that it works very nicely, does seem a little buggy, had it freeze up a couple of times but looks very nice.

being able to toggle the info on/off with the info button would be nice so it doesn't fade away when reading long descriptions.

nice work. :thumbsup:

beau
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)0